Assistant Moderator

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
The assistant moderator has been selected. Many thanks to all who applied and offered their services. We'll keep your details on file, so that if things become busier in the future we could consider having different moderators for different Forums.

As it is the policy of PCV that this forum is primarily intended for caravanners to exchange news, views, advice etc. on caravan related issues, selection was simple. We reviewed each of the applicants' posts over the last 6 month and chose the one who had made the most (useful and relevant) caravanning related contributions.

The assistant moderator prefers to be anonymous and has a new account set up with the nickname Moderator2.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Whoever the new assistant moderator is I can fully understand why he/she wishes to remain anonymous with all the shenanigans that have been going on of late on this forum. All I can say is good luck to this person and I only hope you police the forum with a rod of iron (harder to bend than steel). I think however you should either have excellent nerves or a jolly good doctor with an adiquate supply of valium.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Since when has "useful and relevant" been a qualification? Why didn't I get picked? Is it because I have posted few "useful and relevant" facts or because I didn't apply.hmmm, yep, I see what you mean, didn't apply, hmmm missed that one out didn't I. Good luck with your new post John. (Cat among the pigeons there)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Since when has "useful and relevant" been a qualification? Why didn't I get picked? Is it because I have posted few "useful and relevant" facts or because I didn't apply.hmmm, yep, I see what you mean, didn't apply, hmmm missed that one out didn't I. Good luck with your new post John. (Cat among the pigeons there)
WHO IS JOHN???????

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A man who is braver than I !!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Don't make me reveal my strategy so soon Colin!

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
I considered applying but when I sit down and think about it I am miles to opionated.

I understand the new mod having a second account (even if it does break the AUP :))

Good luck with it, I don't envy you one bit!

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
I have to agree with that statement. An impartial moderator would not get involved in any discussion as it leaves the editing open to abuse.

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
I dont see what the issue is here. If everybody treats the forum and its members with the respect they both deserve no one has anything to worry about. In fact if certain members grew up there would not be a need for one moderator let alone two.

There i've said it!

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
What suspicious minds you have Steve and Oracle. Most people simply think "Good luck to the new Mod", but all you can think of is how he or she could manipulate the system.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Whilst I agree that there is a potential for abuse - I hardly think it a likley possibility when there are two Moderators.

Surely it will be like Pilot & Co-Pilot? And unless there is a deep and dark plot worthy of "he who must not be named" (HP fan!) I really do not think we need to worry.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I'm home everyone, oh and what a happy bunny I am, thank you your Moddyship for selecting me and I didn't ask to remain annonimus, anonymouse, private. I dont mind if the peasants know its me and rest assured I will be ruling them with a firm hand, we aristocrats have experience of that for over a thousand years. Thank you peasants for your good wishes but sucking up will get you nowhere. :O)

Ohhhhh I'm H-A-P-P-Y, Yes I'm H-A-P-P-Y,..................

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
well if his lordship is the the mod, i retract my statement. I don't want to knock the ruling classes. after all you see the mess when the house of lords get wound up!!

Welcome back LB, so have a good time? or was it just peasant hunting again?

(no, I checked the spelling)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts