At last - W-Fi Internet on site - but not in UK - guess where?

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
"The De Luxe Pitches are available with electricity connection with a maximum of 16 Amps, fresh and waste-water connection, waste-water disposal, sat-TV connection, as well as possibility of wireless LAN (Internet) reception and mobile phone".

Now this is progress ! :) Just imagine being without the PC forum whilst on holiday...? Doesn't bear thinking about does it ... and yet in UK.....??? :-(

John

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Lutz :

Spot on! But here in the UK; do we have any sites offering Wi-Fi? Frankly, if I were a site manager, I would install this as a 'no brainer'. It would be dead simple to set up and maintain and very cheap to propagate throughout the site. Security could be as simple as limiting the broadcast of the 'SSID' so that only those who knew the network name would be able to "see" the service.

You will notice that the campsite in Austria is charging enough to make money too; _5 per night (unclear if this means per day); whatever, you wouldn't need too many people to use the service for it to pay for itself.

However judging by the lack of response to this post, it s clear that Internet access on site is not seen as required or necessary by the vast majority of PC forum users. However, in a few years time, I'll bet that will have changed !

Until then, I guess I'll have to be patient or transport my own satellite Internet system ! Or go to Austrian Caravan sites !

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts