At last

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
With all the appointments Doc's etc.
We've only been able to have 14 nights away this year,
Been able to book a week in Norfolk in two weeks.
Just been going through what I need to take/Load.
Wont be taking the awning, finding it a bit of bother now-a-days.
Don't need the waste container.
Loading will be:-
In Boot, Tools, Water container, Spare wheel/hitch lock, Essential Liquids, none perishable food and two collapsible chairs, (they collapse when you sit on them :evil: )
In Locker:- two Calorlite bottles, EHU, levelling blocks, toilet blue, steady winding drill. etc Gives me a nose weight of about 80 kg.
In Van:- two sleeping bags with pillows, odds and ends in the draws, tea towels, dish cloths, van steps, perishable food in fridge. TV. Nothing in top cupboards.
Bathroom:- bare minimum of cloths for seven days X 2 all in wardrobe, Plus toiletries
That's it. There is enough food for a couple of days, will bye more when needs be. Shouldn't be over weight at that.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I know how you feel, with The Doctors and the Dentist for both wife and myself, and now decorating, enjoy your trip away, and lets hope the weather is good.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Dave,
After 40 years caravanning We now aim for fully serviced pitches. Amazingly I have found many including a few CLs who have it all!
Sad to say I have not been on a CAMC for three years! Nothing wrong but I’m all for comfort and ease.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Found a CL in the Lake District that has serviced pitches, all hard standing from £15 would have been there, if all was well. but kept this trip short.

Mar 8, 2017
wandering.me.uk
EH52ARH said:
I know how you feel, with The Doctors and the Dentist for both wife and myself, and now decorating, enjoy your trip away, and lets hope the weather is good.

Decorating! :unsure: Now you have given me palpitations; I shall return to my bed.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Raywood said:
The loading sounds OK but if you want to be sure the best bet is take it to a weighbridge.
Hi Ray
The most I every go away at one time is 10 Nights to Cornwall, never longer'
Loaded for that journey and after I fitted the motor mover, and again nothing in the top lockers Weigh bridge came in at 1260 or there abouts. 15 kg over the original MPTLM Re-plated van up to 1350 kg.
With the loading I will have this trip. I'm well within that.
Motor has a train wight or 3974 kg Ok again.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
DaveA1 said:
With all the appointments Doc's etc.
We've only been able to have 14 nights away this year,
Been able to book a week in Norfolk in two weeks.
Just been going through what I need to take/Load.
Wont be taking the awning, finding it a bit of bother now-a-days.
Don't need the waste container.
Loading will be:-
In Boot, Tools, Water container, Spare wheel/hitch lock, Essential Liquids, none perishable food and two collapsible chairs, (they collapse when you sit on them :evil: )
In Locker:- two Calorlite bottles, EHU, levelling blocks, toilet blue, steady winding drill. etc Gives me a nose weight of about 80 kg.
In Van:- two sleeping bags with pillows, odds and ends in the draws, tea towels, dish cloths, van steps, perishable food in fridge. TV. Nothing in top cupboards.
Bathroom:- bare minimum of cloths for seven days X 2 all in wardrobe, Plus toiletries
That's it. There is enough food for a couple of days, will bye more when needs be. Shouldn't be over weight at that.

I can never be sure about being over weight , we have a Coachman 560, at 1645 kg max, I try and keep it within the max, but the boss hides things, I am trying to sell a memory foam mattress to lose 20 kgs, which we bought as a luxury. Too heavy.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Now that ours is stored around the corner we can pop up there and put things in as we need to and we did so today , just some of the food for a few days to get us going and toiletries and compared to when we had the small Bailey's Orion compared to this big Major 6 that we have now everything's seems to disappears as if there's nothing in it whereas when we had the other one ( which was very smaller ) everything was on top of you !

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Dustydog said:
...After 40 years caravanning We now aim for fully serviced pitches...
Sad to say I have not been on a CAMC for three years! Nothing wrong but I’m all for comfort and ease.

I have fully embraced fully services pitches! Especially as we use the shower and do the washing up in the caravan. The wastemaster is always full otherwise!

I'm sure we've used CAMC sites with serviced pitches; sadly they were fully booked, so were forced to use the keep-fit pitches.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
EH52ARH said:

Well It's happened again, hospital appointments all done, Nose operation finished, dentists next appointments start of September, a lull in the decorating, Yes lets get away this week, Wrong, Wife stubbed her toe on the bed Friday night , been to the Podiatrist today to have big toe nail removed, so tender loving care for her now, sitting with her foot elevated, " Another Paracetamol dear, Oh white wine " Yes dear.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
EH52ARH said:

Well It's happened again, hospital appointments all done, Nose operation finished, dentists next appointments start of September, a lull in the decorating, Yes lets get away this week, Wrong, Wife stubbed her toe on the bed Friday night , been to the Podiatrist today to have big toe nail removed, so tender loving care for her now, sitting with her foot elevated, " Another Paracetamol dear, Oh white wine " Yes dear.
Or in the Classic David Mellor Sun newspaper headline, Toe job to no Job :evil:
Poor Elaine, sounds very sore!

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
:unsure: That sounds very sore Hutch.
We've just had a near miss this morning. An appointment arrived for a blood test.
for the 6th Aug. We go away on the 7th near miss--that.

TRENDING THREADS