ATC/Mover Issue

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi all. I had the Flutes replaced on my Powertouch Freedom. After the works, my Van will only move backwards. It won’t budge front or sideways at all.

Truma are suggesting that my ATC could be stuck causing the issue. Has anyone had this problem? I haven’t had chance to hook up to check ATC Status. Van in storage in Devon, I’m based in Bristol however, back on site next week.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
I see the logic, if the ATC is stuck partly on then the brakes are applied, but would have little reverse effect. Still believe that the skewing going astern would be active as these controls move the respective wheels backwards.
If this model mover can be operated without the rollers engaged, then the ATC locking up would not cause any issue; simply see if the rollers work using the forward buttons like that.

It possibly could be the battery is now too flat to move the van, again without the rolers engaged they should still move.

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
I see the logic, if the ATC is stuck partly on then the brakes are applied, but would have little reverse effect. Still believe that the skewing going astern would be active as these controls move the respective wheels backwards.
If this model mover can be operated without the rollers engaged, then the ATC locking up would not cause any issue; simply see if the rollers work using the forward buttons like that.

It possibly could be the battery is now too flat to move the van, again without the rolers engaged they should still move.

Thanks for your reply, all good stuff. Just a thought, might it be possible to free the ATC Push Rod by sharp taps in situ? If not remove it. Thanks again.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Just a thought, might it be possible to free the ATC Push Rod by sharp taps in situ? If not remove it.
Not overly convinced that would work or is altogether wise. The ATC actuator is a significantly "powerful" thing, it has to push with quite a force to apply the brakes the 40 odd percent it is designed to. Thus, with that amount of "welly" its most unlikely a seize that would freed by a light tap or two will unstick it.

It possibly might jar a stuck-up end stop switch if they feature such things to park at the withdrawn end?
I would only do any tapping with real care and with the whole being covered by the seller's CRA 2015 obligations, then any intervention is not that wise.

Also, reportedly the push rod can come out, so removing it to test might invite issues with that occurring.

I would check if the fuse in your towcar that supplies the 12 Volt powering has not blown, as already suggested.
Typically, IME these fuses in factory fit are 15Amp, that is not confidently a high enough rating not to risk blowing. 15 Amps can work but can be vulnerable to blowing.
Alko suggest 20Amp [if my memory back 16 years holds}

If that is intact then I would be investigating that powering voltage is getting through each bit right to the ATCs socket, and wiggling them to help ensure the contacts carry the not insignificant Amps involved.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hutch
Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Not overly convinced that would work or is altogether wise. The ATC actuator is a significantly "powerful" thing, it has to push with quite a force to apply the brakes the 40 odd percent it is designed to. Thus, with that amount of "welly" its most unlikely a seize that would freed by a light tap or two will unstick it.

It possibly might jar a stuck-up end stop switch if they feature such things to park at the withdrawn end?
I would only do any tapping with real care and with the whole being covered by the seller's CRA 2015 obligations, then any intervention is not that wise.

Also, reportedly the push rod can come out, so removing it to test might invite issues with that occurring.

I would check if the fuse in your towcar that supplies the 12 Volt powering has not blown, as already suggested.
Typically, IME these fuses in factory fit are 15Amp, that is not confidently a high enough rating not to risk blowing. 15 Amps can work but can be vulnerable to blowing.
Alko suggest 20Amp [if my memory back 16 years holds}

If that is intact then I would be investigating that powering voltage is getting through each bit right to the ATCs socket, and wiggling them to help ensure the contacts carry the not insignificant Amps involved.
Thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts