Attempted Theft Wakefield

Sep 21, 2006
Visit site
Came home from work at 1.00pm this afternoon to find white high top transit in the driveway - L (k/N?) 55 reg. They were in the prcess of stealing the caravan - I pulled the car over the driveway to try and stop them = they smashed into the car causing lots of damage - please be alert in the Wakefield/Barnsley area.

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Oh my goodness Jackie, how frightening, hope you're ok....well, I don't suppose you are, but what I meant was I hope you're not physically hurt. Did the police attend?

Sep 21, 2006
Visit site
Thanks - It Was hubby that caught them - the police attended 6+ hours later - the car is damaged bad and hubby shaken up of course - but we found some chewing gum - so hopefully only a matter of time before they are caught through DNA - plus they have a very damaged white transit!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Jackie

I'm sorry to learn of this traumatic incident and hope that you or your husband were not hurt.

One of our members 'Lady C' submitted a post recently warning about suspicious characters in a white high top van who appeared to be very interested in her caravan.

Re; Possibility of van theft,Chesterfield

'Lady C' managed to copy the number of the van and she reported the incident to her local police.

Chesterfield is not too far south of Wakefield down the M1.

Apr 30, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the warning Jackie, We're in Wakefield too (South). First thing I do when I get up on a morning is look out and make sure the van is still on the drive even though our car is parked across the end and they would have to first break into that to move it. Not much you can do during the day though when you're not at home.

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi Jackie!

Sorry to read about your misfortune but glad everyones alright.

It is a very traumatic and upsetting thing.I couldnt sleep at all that night from worrying.The van went straight back to storage after the weekend jaunt.

I hope they catch the blighters soon and some justice served!!

Lady C

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts