Audi A4 2.0 TDi

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
I am about to change my car and owing to circumstances, will probably have to take the Audi. I tow a Coachman Atlanta 500/5 ( an Amara with a few extras )with an all up weight of 1450 kgs. The Caravan Club matching service tells me it's a bad match whilst the whattowcar website says it's plausible, albeit 94%.

I've no doubt the car has the necessary power to perform well, does anyone have any experience of this setup or can offer comment. All advice would be gratefully accepted.

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
My Dad bought an 03 plate A3 brand new and has had problem after problem with it. After two days the immobilizer failed and the car sat in the dealer's for 13days. Since then it's been central locking, alarm, lights, almost everything connected with the CPU, each time taking days to put right. The more people we talk to the more we find this to be a common problem. I always thought the Audi was a class act, but apparently not.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
On a more general note - having had three Audis and loved every one. As a driving car they take some beating - but as a tow car they really are not up to the mark. I know I differ from many on the Forum on this but my experience of front wheel drive cars for towing has been truly awful!

My experience was with the Audi 80 and a Citroen BX back in the early 1990's

I really hope Craigs Dads experience is a one off as I would hate to think of one of my favourite car types going down the tubes.

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
Well Clive, I share your fondness for the Audis of old.I had a 90quattro for a while and loved every minute, but a friend of my Dad who's had Audis since the original 80sport had an A4 1.8t recently and said he'll never have another. He rockoned his son's mk2 cavalier sri was a better car.(and they were ****).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts