Audi A6 2.0TDI

Jul 25, 2005
Visit site
My van is an Sterling Eccles Moonstone and i currently tow with a BMW 520 petrol. I am looking to change my vehicle and being a company car must stick to a saloon. I am considering the new audi A6 with the 2.0 litre diesel engine. I would be interested to hear from anyone who has such a car they use for towing

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi David

I have towed with Audis before and whilst they are a great car - I really loved mine - I had three one after the other - I found them disapointing as towing vehicles as they are front wheel drive. You may find them disapointing compared to a BMW which being RWD I personally found far superior.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi David I have towed with 3 variants of Audi 2.2GT an 80 2.2 quattro, a 90 2.3 Quattro and found them all very good I now tow with a BMW 530D manuel tourer with self leveling suspension and although it is the most economical tow car that I have ever owned I still feel that my 2.2 Quattro was the best all round car that I have ever owned maybe your company would allow you to add to the cost of a diesel quattro an estate of course for all the bits and pieces, Good luck , Ron.C

Aug 9, 2005
Visit site
Go for it! I tow with an A6 petrol and have never had a problem - my van is an Abbey 520SE (1405kg MTPLM) and the outfit is as steady as a rock. I was worried about the front-wheel drive but in practice I have never had more than a tiny hint of wheelspin and that was only when it was damp exiting an uphill angled junction.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts