Audi A6 ALLROAD Clutch Issue

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi All, First post so be gentle!

A colleague of mine said in the June issue of PC there was a letter about towing with either an Audi ALLROAD or a VW Passat?

The writer suggested that his clutch "disappered" on him and has anyone else had this happen..Well, yes, I have! If the writer of this letter posts on these forums, would you be so kind as to contact me as I have an ongoing case wih Audi about just exactly this. I also know the reason why it happened which is the point in question and fair to say, I believe this is a defect and should be brought up with Audi/VW for them to do something about it.

If anyone else has either of these cars and has had a similar problem, please do get in touch.

Many Thanks

John

Nov 11, 2007
Visit site
hi john

my clutch went on me recently and it was down to the dual mass flywheel its some sort of like torque converter apparently they are crap. all in all clutch ,flywheel and labour was 785 quid my friend has a audi on a 56 plate he also had a problem, his was 1400 quid but under warranty. he said hes gonna sell this car and buy an auto instead as the problem has come back. from what everybody says they are bloody useless maybe yours has the same problem? cheers

May 5, 2005
Visit site
have ford galaxy 04 1.9 TDI 130PS with dual mass flywheel and when reversing for long often lose the clutch pedal.Is this the problem you have ,vapourising of the fluid as the slave cylinder is inside the flywheel housing causing overheating.Have considered using racing quality brake fluid but the seals would need replacing on brake system as the system is shared with clutch reservoir very poor as towing limit is specified as 2000kg

May 5, 2005
Visit site
sorry cant edit,forgot to say galaxy is built by VW using their engine and transmission parts,just badged as a ford,latest galaxy is all ford.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts