Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
See my reply to Hot Pajero on this web site.

My auto gear box burnt out on holiday to Scotland. John Machie who repaired it said that in his opinion any towing autogearbox car needed an additional gearbox oil cooler fitted. As the repair cost the best part of

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We tow a 1300kg van with a BMW 525d Touring auto - the handbook does not recommend additional box cooling, and we've had no problems. Check your car's handbook or ask at your local Ford dealer. Most modern autos don't require extra cooling, but I guess it may depend on the van's weight & how close you are to your car's towing limits.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It isn't an extra cooling fan for an auto, it is an auxiliary cooling radiator. Fitting one will prolong the gearbox life, BUT check with Ford. If they say it doesn't need one and you have one fitted, it MIGHT invalidate any warranty (I was told this by Vauxhall a while ago when I asked them the same question).

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
The maximum permissible towload specified by the car manufacturer should be for the vehicle in its ex-works condition unless explicitly stated in the vehicle handbook or other customer information. He is liable for any damage to the transmission etc. if an additional cooler is necessary and no respective warning is given.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts