Auto Transmission cooler

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello all

I have a Nissan QX 3.0ltr auto and wish to tow a small caravan (1100kg max). Iam not sure if I need an auxillary Auto fluid cooler - can anyone advise ?

Many thanks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Russell, all I can tell you is that I tow with an older 2.9 granada and had problems with towing until I fitted an extra cooler and have had no problems since. I cant remember the make or year of your vehicle, but if it is still under any warranty consult the manufacturer in case you invalidate the warranty,

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Russell, I tow with a VW Transporter, Automatic. When I bought it in 2001 I wrote to VW and checked out this very question.

I was told by VW that it was in fact fitted with an oil cooler, I have kept the letter as proof of their information and have towed over many miles over several years now in hot weather through France and Italy with no problems whatsoever. My suggestion is that you write to head office to the technical department, they will give you the definative answer to this. My thoughts are that it will be fitted with oil-cooler but for peace of mind write and ask.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts