availability of bookings for easter

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi can anyone help,

I have just had my shifts changed and now have the four days covering the easter weekend to enjoy.

BUT cant find a single site with spaces.

I know im aiming high as I would like to go to the lake distict.

I have spent the whole day searching the web and phoning sites with no look.

Would anyone know of any site with availability or be able to offer any other suggestions of decent places to stay with availability within say 100 miles of Merseyside

My van is a t/a with no awning, I dont even need electric hook up so can be totally self sufficient so facilities can be basic.

Any help would be much appreciated as now going stare crazy

Thanks

John

May 25, 2008
Visit site
See what you mean John, just looked at the C C and the only vacancies are at both ends of the country ie North Scotland or Cornwall. Can only suggest you keep in touch with wardens who may get a call someone is not going to turn up, Wish you Luck and hope you find something

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Gumbo

I didnt realise so few spaces existed, totally prepared to go self sufficient so only need a space to park the van but even all c&cc sites in area are fully booked with exeption of small tents.

its ok if you can pre book pitches months in advance but shift work and negotiating time of with others only at max gives you two weeks notice.

so frustrating wish their was a site you could type in the dates you wanted and it only listed sites with availability rather than emailing and waiting for replies or spending a fortune telephoning sites only to face multiple rejections.

I think im fighting a loosing battle

Cheers

John

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
John,

According to the caravan Club "late availability list" Blackmore site at Malvern has plenty of vacancies.

One of our favourite sites.

Nice area and easy journey from Merseyside.

HAMER

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I'll second that Hamer

The Kettle Sings is a must for lunch in the conservatory.

Quite a few spaces free when I left on monday.

Cheers

Dustydog

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I know it may not be your cup of tea, but Haven are still advertising bargain breaks at Easter. Im sure they will have a site close to you somewhere.

Hope you find somewhere as the weather looks like its improving all the time.

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi John

I sympathise with your problem we too were looking for a late booking last weekend as we could not book earlied due to a family illness.

We were looking for a EHU pitch in North Wales, we live in St Helens

Last weekend the following sites in North Wales still had vacancies. They are all reviewed on ukcampsite.co.uk

Riverside, Caernarfon 01286678781

NB THIS SITE PHONED ME BACK TODAY book I had already booked elsewhere

Eistaddfa Criccieth 01766 530644

Glanywern Farm, Tywyn 01654 782247

Park Lodge, Cemaes, Anglesey 01407 711529 - We BOOKED, yesterday, this site, which has lovely sea views, for Easter, we've been before.

I hope you find somewhere.

Tim

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
You can go on the Caravan Club Website and put your dates in - select all sites - and a list with all availability would come up.

It's a shame you are so far from the south coast - you could just *** over to france - probably would not cost much more (Dover/Calais or Dunkerque) and most sites are half empty.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Lesley

I don't trust the availabilty records shown on the web site.

More often than not a quick call to the site warden will reveal spaces are available even when the computer says no.

Cheers

Dustydog

May 30, 2007
Visit site
John a work collegue has a pitch booked in the lakes for easter, but had rolled bothy car and van on his last trip. He has since found a new tow car but nas not yet bought a new van, would you be interested, the only thing is i remember him saying it was a super pitch, and i will have to let you know the site later as he isn't here at the mo.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts