Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
How do you change your avatar from the default one that looks like the old Granada TV symbol, on its side .
I've tried but cannot see how.
many thanks.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Bedford, I'm intrigued by your name. If I'm right, the RL was the follow on from the Bedford QL 4x4,which the garage in which I started work had as a breakdown truck.I used to drive it round the yard when I was 15!

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Yes I've got a 1956 RL.
I bought her 15 years ago after a deal for a Scammel Explorer fell through.
She has been neglected recently and is this years project, she needs a bit of welding , the master cylinder revamped after I didn't do it properly last time.
She has an adaptor from the towing pintle so she can tow a caravan and we have in the past done just that.

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
So every other forum I have been on allows you to set your avatar within its site except this one. I am not signing up on another site.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Tenpole , some clever chap or Lady will come up with the answer soon, , just keep the thread coming to the top until DD sorts it out.
Hutch.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Sorry Hutch, there's nothing to sort out. If tenpole wants to display an avatar then he needs to sign up with the third-party supplier. If he doesn't wish to sign up with them then he doesn't get to display an avatar. Simples. :( ;)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Sorry WC, after re reading rhe thread, I understand. PC's Website is not the best to use but gets my brain cells working.
;)

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
How does one "associate " ones avatar with their email address ?.
I've got a photobucket account but see no way of changing my avatar to anything other than the default .

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Yes, must be finger trouble as Thedoog managed OK as he said:

"I have just used Parksy post to use gravatar and by jove it works, just got to find a decent picture now."

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
I have just logged into Gavatar to change my profile picture i upload it strait from my pc and find that it works ok .... it's really easy to use ;)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
BedfordRL said:
I tried that and it didn't work.
Must be something I'm doing wrong, blooming modern technology!
The most common problem with a photo avatar is that it's too big. If you can crop it to fit the picture usually loads ok.

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
Just updated my avatar should show our first ever new van. Finding out how everything works is fun, gave up trying to fit the Al-ko wheel clamp but have done now we at home on the drive. Truma control panel gave us a few problems but eventually I think we have cracked it.
The LED lighting in the van is something else looks brilliant. Roll on Cornwall on Monday.

Steve

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
tenpole said:
So every other forum I have been on allows you to set your avatar within its site except this one. I am not signing up on another site.
My thoughts exacty. But I went to the Gravatar site and experimentally clicked the "Create your own Gravatar" button. This took me to a wordpress.com website and they wanted me to sign up too. Who the heck are Wordpress, and where does this trail end? Looks like an email harvesting excercise to me, and a solution looking for a problem. Did someone say this is meant to be simpler?

From the Gravatar site "Globally Recognised ... Supported by a Kajilliom Websites" LoL, I've never seen another site that uses them! Anyway I use different email address for different websites, and usually differrent avatars. Nor do I want people to bring up all my personal details if they click on my avatar, or rather only ones that I control.

Woodlands Camper wrote :-
"If he doesn't wish to sign up with [Gravatar] then he doesn't get to display an avatar."
Me too, with raspberries to Gravatar LoL! This explains all those boring "Lazy Gs".

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts