Average storage charges?

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi everybody

We have just received our annual letter re. storage charges to find it has increased by £30! We currently pay £190 so from next year it will be £220. This is in a very large complex, totally fenced in with two security barriers. The roadways are bumpy and just rough and grass between the 'vans is never cut unless we do it ourselves. Many have put their own hardstanding bases down, as have we in order to keep the 'plot' a bit cleaner, so is the price we are paying about average or not?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi,

storage prices vary dramatically from one end of the country to the other.for the type of storgage you have is about the norm.it depends on the site itself and how its run and what security measures they have there.we pay

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
We keep our van on a CASSOA Gold site. Properly marked and numbered plots, gravel all over and good security.I've put down a couple of slabs where the wheels go so it's quite tidy. The owners do a round each morning to note which vans are absent, and that their numbered tally is on the board. If no van and no tally, the men in blue are informed! We pay

Apr 17, 2005
Visit site
Hi.

These all sound exhorbitant to me - my fee is a bottle of rum and a bottle of whisky to the farmers at Christmas time! I am not saying where for obvious reasons; security has been ok. for the past ten years. Oh, the above 'fee' includes boat storage as well.

I do help out with a few odd jobs on the farm from time to time though. This has included combine harvester driving and maintenance in the past - very enjoyable; but the farmers have retired this year so it will not be necessary in the future.

Enjoy your holidays,

Trevor M

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
We have just moved our van to a farm just outside St. Helens. Farmer has about 40 spaces inside two locked compunds and he made a hard standing for us as well. Driveway not too bad and for this we pay

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
hi big s, if ye have a driveway then why put it in storage ?.
Driveway isn't big enough for the van long term as it is only big enough for two cars. We also live at the top of a cul-de-sac with little off road parking so the drive is only suitable for short term.

I am certainly envious of people with driveways big enough for their vans and their cars.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts