Aviemore - skiing February - High Range

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, has anybody taken their van to this part of Scotland for the skiing - any advice would be appreciated. Are the roads clear? Just looked at High Range the site looks ok has anybody stayed here? Thanks Claire

Dec 27, 2006
Visit site
When we visit Aviemore we always use Rothiemurchus caravan site. Open 12 months a year, they have some pitches in a forest area and the shower and toilet facilities in the Forest area are excellent with heating.

May 13, 2006
Visit site
When we visit Aviemore we always use Rothiemurchus caravan site. Open 12 months a year, they have some pitches in a forest area and the shower and toilet facilities in the Forest area are excellent with heating.
Del,

Are you sure you mean "Rothiemurchus"? Glenmore Forest site is the big one on the ski access road and has had new - and excellent - toilet blocks built in the past two or three years.

I have been going to Glenmore for about forty years now and have never heard of a site in Rothiemurchus Forest.

Rob S.

Dec 27, 2006
Visit site
Roy

Rothiemurchus is is the way to Glenmore, just past the Hilton and on the right hand side opposite the junction with the B970. The site is called Rothiemurchus Camp & Caravan Park , we have been visiting the site for a number of years. prefer it to Glenmore as pitches are larger and the site tends to be quieter.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi all, we would consider Braemar or Fort William, but what are the roads like - the A9 seemed to be a decent road. We've never been skiing before and all advice is great.

Jan 23, 2007
Visit site
The Glenmore Forestry Commision site is my all time favourite,although I have never tried it in winter.A short drive to Aviemore,but none of the noise and silliness of the town.God I'm showing my age.

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
High Range is expensive AND you are charged for water. Best site by far is Glenmore - good facilities and very close to the ski area. Warning - don't depend on snow, we had very little last year. Braemar has a good Cc site BUT very little to do apart from skiing and they are having more problems than Aviemore with snow levels.

One advantage is that there is plenty to do in the area on the many occasions there is no skiing although the town isn't the most attractive in the world!!!

Personally (and I am a skier AND live up here) I would take a cheap holiday to Europe to try out skiing, definitely will get more for your money.

Jan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts