Avondale landranger awning

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Tony

I got one when I purchased my Landranger in 2003, its a Harrison Sunray. Exclusive to Raymond James Caravans in Coventry.

They are actually owned by Avondale, dont know if it was a bit of sales b*** S*** but the guy said you have to be carefull which one you get for a Landranger as the awning rail is part way down the side rather than in the normal position. This does not apply to the current production as they have changed the design.

I got the fibreglass poles which are very good and save loads of weight.

I also got a tall annexe with it but I dont like the design of the pole system for this, the poles are designed in a funny way and its a bit of a pain to put up.

Hope this helps

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
If you get the right size awning, based on the ground-to-ground measurement through the awning rail, any brand will be suitable.

There's a large variation in price and quality - "you pays your money and takes your choice".

I've used Isabella in the past - superb quality, virtually impossible to wear out, but very pricey. My next purchase will be NR - much better value for money, we'll just have to see if it lasts.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have a '97 Landranger 5900 and bought a Bradcot Classic for it a couple of years ago. We have the alloy poles and and have been pleased with the swning. Like others have said any suitably sized awning ahould fit okay a good dealer can advise the size for your particular model.

Now that our kids don't tend to come with us much we don't use the awning so much. The vna/awning size make it a pretty big job for 2 people and the van has plenty of room for us 2 and the dog. We only tend to put up the awning for stays of a week or more.

We had a look at a number of dealers before buying. Many dealers, also, offer good condition second hand awnings which they have bought with vans or taken in part exchange. We part-exed our Trio awning when we changed vans and got a good deal on the Bradcot. That was with Campbells of Preston - they were very helpful with advice on size, etc, too.

Think carefully about whether you need an awning and how much you want to spend. Remember that you will probably have to change it if you change 'van. If we could turn back the clock I'm not sure we would have bothered buying an awning but rather just managed without it like we do for much of the time.

Incicentally a good tip on the Landranger is that there are "cut-outs" in the awning rail at the top of each vertical part of the rail which enable the roof of the awning to fitted in at head height without having to be pulled up through the vertical part of the rail. The awning walls can then be slid DOWN from the top - MUCH EASIER.

Happy vanning

Tim

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts