Avondale Osprey Awning Nightmare

Mar 17, 2021
Visit site
Hi my name is John running a vauxhall insignia tourer with Avondale Osprey Caravan which I love but because the osprey has such a low awning rail 218 unable to get awning to fit. At the moment i run my van up ramps to gain required height did they make a special awning for the osprey looking forward to answers Regards John

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello John
You may be able to find a lower awning if you look for an awning designed to fit campervans, some of them have lower heights, or they have a length of material at the edge of the awning that is flexible and joins the awning channel.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi John
Isabella/ Ventura used to make shorter awnings to fit lower awning rails such as on Avondales l have seen one on Avondale Eagle what was seasonal on site it had a shorter awning i don"t know if they still make them you could try contacting them to find out

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I take it this is one of the older models. That type of roof is no longer used, so the number of awnings needed will be very low. It might be worth ringing round the larger retailers like Glossop to see if they have anything, but it may be you will need to buy a full height one and have it shortened. There are several firms who advertise in the magazine who should be able do this for a reasonable price.
Checking second hand sales might work if that is acceptable to you.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
If this is a full awning, surely the Avondales just used a slightly smaller one than equivalent sized caravans with conventional roofs - each new caravan had it's awning rail length specified in the handbook, so just buy the nearest size.

If this is a porch awning, they used to be made at 3 different heights, 7'0", 7'6" and 8'0" but now I think they're all 8'0" - my NR porch doesn't fit my Lunar Club,man as it's too short.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts