Jul 6, 2007
Visit site
Ther have been various threads on here about Avondales demise, surprised you hadn't noticed them before. At the NEC show today you could buy various 2009 Avondale Models with a 3000 to 4000 Pound Discount from numerous dealers.

All the dealers were offering there own three year warranty to go with it for 395 pounds.I presume this will work the same as the Rover Cars Dealer Warrantys worked, when they went under.

Mar 4, 2008
Visit site
As far as I'm aware, The Caravan Company have bought the few 2009 Avondale's built before the factory closed, and they are selling them off at reduced prices.

Just before the demise of Avondale, I did see a couple of 2009 models, an Argente and a Kingfisher. They looked 'alright' to me, nothing to write home about, except the L shaped leather seating in red which was in the Argente. The kingfisher did look just like a Landranger with a different name, which I suppose it was. I went back to dealer a few weeks later and these models had been returned back to the factory.

I think The Caravan Company were trying to get some to the NEC - will see tomorrow when we go to the show.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
yes there were several there by the Caravan Company, selling like hot cakes -I bought one, a Dart 525. To be fair we were seriously thinking of getting one anyway and really wanted to compare them with others at the show. We were disappointed to find Avondale absent but then found The Caravan Company stand.

It was interesting to hear tho that the show organisers tried to stop the caravan company from taking up their stand. They had to get a high court injunction to force them to reverse their decision. It would seem that other exhibitors felt that it would be unfair competition given that The caravan Company were selling on bankrupt stock.

Mar 26, 2006
Visit site
yes there were several there by the Caravan Company, selling like hot cakes -I bought one, a Dart 525. To be fair we were seriously thinking of getting one anyway and really wanted to compare them with others at the show. We were disappointed to find Avondale absent but then found The Caravan Company stand.

It was interesting to hear tho that the show organisers tried to stop the caravan company from taking up their stand. They had to get a high court injunction to force them to reverse their decision. It would seem that other exhibitors felt that it would be unfair competition given that The caravan Company were selling on bankrupt stock.
Hi Graham, we also bought the Dart 525 at the NEC caravan show. We are so far disapointed with the heating, and wondered if we are setting it correct, we had a Sterling Eccles and the heating was brilliant, any comments on this would be appreciated Geoff

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts