May 24, 2005
Visit site
I'am due to pick up my new Avondale Osprey next friday and have noticed that the water inlet on the side of the van is not the same as i'am used to,ie: whale system. the dealer told me today that a normal length of pipe pushed into the inlet is all i need to draw water from the aquaroll. Is this true? and is the Avondale water system any good.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
is he having a laugh, what a thing to say to someone whose going to pay a lot of money for a caravan,yes you can shove a piece of hose on this type of fitting but jesus why the hell didnt he show you how or what it is,things just get worse. carver 2 pump is same type as osprey pump,it is a pressure system and ive had a little bother with it but adjustment of the inline water pressure switch rectified it(simple to adjust if you have to)besides that it a wonderful van i own a golden osprey myself 2004 model

http://www.waudbys.co.uk/products/water_pumps_and_filters.html

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Richard, i've just bought an Avondale, but an Argente 650.6. On the side of mine is what looks like a white nut. The water pump is built into the van, underneath the seats in the front. Big black thing, capable of superb pump pressure. Mine is aalmost as good as my house water.

You will get a piece of hose with a thread and nut crimped into the end. You just unscrew the "nut" on the outside of the van, and screw the hose onto the thread that is their. Finger tight is plenty sufficient due to the way it seals. I was also concerned as i hadn't seen or used this system before, but after using it i must say it's deffo far superior to my old submersible pump.

How reliable it is i dont know, but it CAN run dry without damaging itself, unlike submersibles.

Mine was also a bit noist at first till it got the water through and air out, took an hour or two though.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
in short,no. on our '04 argente we are forever getting air-locks due to the water draining out of the pipe back into the aquaroll. if the pump were at the end it should be ( like the whale) then the water couldnt drain out. however when water is flowing, you get a flow more akin to home than your old 'van. you can also connect direct to the mains with no problem and the shurflow pump doesnt get trashed by running dry.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Once mine was running i had no problems with water running back into aquaroll.

I'll have to check it now when were in the van next just to see.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
in short,no. on our '04 argente we are forever getting air-locks due to the water draining out of the pipe back into the aquaroll. if the pump were at the end it should be ( like the whale) then the water couldnt drain out. however when water is flowing, you get a flow more akin to home than your old 'van. you can also connect direct to the mains with no problem and the shurflow pump doesnt get trashed by running dry.
dave, check the nut on the end of the pipe we had trouble and avondale replaced the acrylic nut with a metal one no problems since

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts