I've brought my awning, and am going to test it soon. We are complete novices so has anyone got any advice. Is there anything I need to prepare before the first time I use my awning. Do I need to do anything to the caravan? All comments would be helpful.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Michelle Sarah, He who thinks he must be obeyed has just gone to work,, make sure your awaning track is clean and undamaged OH and wear a hard hat the first time you do it this is for when the roof poles fall out and hit you on the head!!!!! Good luck.Sheila

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
ive only been caravaning for 10 mouths now. i got some one on the sit who had whot looket like the same awning . he give me a lot of had advice and help me set it up has well. some i wounld not finck all caravaner bit so ask . and you just mit mack a frend for the time you are staying. ps do wear a hard hot.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Michelle sara

My chap and me built our frame in the garden last week !!!Oh mY GOD what a nightmare !!! and a laugh,there was no way I was going away and putting it up without a practice first,theres always someone ready to watch and have a laugh at you !!!AND YES the poles can fall down and hit you which is no fun if you;ve got the steel ones !!!!

Before we took it down hubby labelled all the poles and he's convinced that it will be alot easier next time, I believe it is easier to unzip all the panels as it will be lighter while YOU are stood there holding it up!! BIG BIG bottle of wine to drink in it when you've finished love !!!

Dont fear ours is going up for the first time in wales next week so you are not on your own !!!Let us know how you get on !!!!

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi michelle sara!

we had a practice run at weekend ! fed the awning through the rail first, then got the centre pole in and worked from there !! we got there in the end and just as we finished the heavens opened !!!!dont know what awning you have but if you go on the isabella website there is a video you can watch,two fella's putting one up !!! it;s quite handy actually although you may have to watch it once or twice as they make it look really easy,i'm sure the theory works for most awnings , i'm sure everyone will agree though it's the rail first then the centre pole !!!

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi michelle sara!

we had a practice run at weekend ! fed the awning through the rail first, then got the centre pole in and worked from there !! we got there in the end and just as we finished the heavens opened !!!!dont know what awning you have but if you go on the isabella website there is a video you can watch,two fella's putting one up !!! it;s quite handy actually although you may have to watch it once or twice as they make it look really easy,i'm sure the theory works for most awnings , i'm sure everyone will agree though it's the rail first then the centre pole !!!
klarky has actually written the website address above !

May 25, 2005
Visit site
I agree with Tina. Take the panels out. Lay the poles on the ground in the order that they fit. It should be easy to locate the central poles as their front fittings are different from the side poles. Feed the canvass through the channel, making sure that it is as even each side as possible. Go under the canvas and fit the centre roof pole and the downpole and peg down. Then work from whichever side of the frame you feel easier (right or left) insert the other poles and peg down. When the frame is up peg the canvas loosely and insert the panels. When this is done you can safely peg the awning securely. If there is any possibility of putting your awning up in windy conditions I would advise that, when you have fed the canvas through the channel you peg it down in order to stop it lifting. Hope this is helpful. Good luck with your holiday. Remember everyone who has an awning has gone through what you are feeling at the moment. Within a very short time you also will become expert.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts