awning fixings

Jun 10, 2005
Visit site
We have just bought a compass ralleye and it came with a bradcot awning. There are three ancor fixings on the caravan which appear to be screwed to the caravan wall using self tapping screws. These are very loose and will not tighten up.We have only used the awning once and would like to fix this problem before we use it again.Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou. Geoff from Yarm.

Jul 25, 2005
Visit site
Geoff, What you need is "Quick Lock Profile" fixings if your awning will take them. Sorry not familiar with Bradcot Awnings so it may help you to go to www.frontier-leisure.co.uk/dorema/accessories/quicklockprofile.htm for more info.

Get rid of you screw fixings if possible, or longer screws may be require but ensure you seal around screw holes with mastic to stop water ingress,

Cheers, Pop from Yarm

Jun 10, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Pop, I looked at the site and saw what you recommend but am unsure because the ends of my poles is attached a hook and these will not fit onto the profiles.But I will give it some thought.

Geoff.

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Geoff,

Remove one of the screws, take it to a good DIY shop and buy the next size up (in width not length). Specify that the screw should be stainless steel - grade A2 is OK - and the profile of the head should be identical (probably a dome head).

If you can't find them locally, try www.screwfix.com

Then carefully replace the screws one by one, being careful not to over tighten the screws.

Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Geoff

I've a Bradcot Awning, there are 2 options:

1. You should be able to buy nylon fixings with rubber pads, these are normally supplied with new bradcot awning, they have a small groove this allows you to attach them to the awning on a small runner which is part of the main runner that attaches to the caravan, once in place you can press a small black button that locks it in place. I find these work very well.

2. As Pop said you can use Quick Lock Profile fixings, these work fine the hooks as they loop inside. I use these with some additional poles I've bought.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts