awning ground sheet ?

May 9, 2015
Visit site
not had awning long just never noticed what goes on the floor ,i have a big matt thing with holes in ,,is that all that i put down or do i have to buy an other type of carpet ,,that is advertised everywhere ?

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The question to ask is do you really need anything~?

Most sites insist on breathable groundsheets, and even then they should be lifted regularly as they cause the grass to die.
If on hardstanding then some form of ground cover may be required but will most likely be damaged by the surface dressing.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You did not ask about tents, which is immaterial as far as it goes.
You asked if you "had to buy another type of carpet".
You do not "HAVE" to buy anything.

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Whenever possible we don't use anything & move around things which might kill the grass under them - water bowl for the dogs etc. All we try & leave is a patch of grass under the awning mud wall which is a bit lighter than the rest & soon recovers.
Jim

May 9, 2015
Visit site
surly if a caravan awning ruins the grass then a tent ground sheet will do the same ? i have never put the awning up on grass yet .always been little chippings

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Should you be concerned about an awning ground sheet then I would suggest the ones that are in Aldi or were in Aldi or the equivalent.We bought one last year and it was down for two weeks and no sign of killing the grass off and they are comfortable to walk on . Remember though as Damian says you dont have to put any thing down its choice .

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Get yourself a good breathable groundsheet and it won't affect the grass if anything the grass starts to grow through it.....You can get it cheaper. .. but you do get what you pay for, if you use hardstandings its easier to use the square click together mats from Aldi they are very light and can be hung on the washing line to dry after being washed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts