Awning Query

Jan 18, 2009
Visit site
Can anyone help please? Recently bought Bailey Senator Wyoming and booklet states 1088 size for an awning. Armed with this info. went to buy a full awning, and ended up buying a brand new Inaca 1075 awning (which covers up to 1085cms) awning on advice of the dealer which we were assured was the size for our caravan as they had measured the one on their forecourt. We tried awning on our storage area, and when it is fitted there is only about 2" of mudwall left on ground, and also elastic has to stretch over 8". What do other's of you think - should we push for them to change this for bigger size? Any advice/comments appreciated - is there a minimum recommended depth for mudwall folding? Thanks - Bob

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
something doesnt seem right there bob. my mate has the same 'van and the awning measurement is 1044, he has a 1050 awning.

the next size up from yours will be 1100, the same size i have for a hobby 635 which is about 2 feet longer than your wyoming.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
My initial reaction is that a "larger" one is likely to be too big.

But only 2" on the ground is marginal and all but lost if you need to put wedges under the awning side wheels. This is a likely situation as often the ground slopes away from the van if you pitch on a hill exploiting the view.

I feel it is too inhibiting. It might be a case where Inca don't make a size that really suits your van. A bigger one to an extent can be "stepped out" to lose the excess, however even this goes wrong on a fore/aft slope. I feel and oversize of 20 cm is about all that is viable.

I have a full size 1000 awning and it really is just too much canvas to cope with as when wet, other than for the main holiday. Based on this might I suggest you consider if a part awning could be a better option?

These can be off the peg or adapted from a slightly smaller full awning. This is the way I have gone for most outings and its not van specific. Having said this its not so storm proof nor can it cope as well with significant pitch slopes. Just a thought.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts