awning rail for building

Oct 3, 2022
Visit site
Wifey wants me to put an awning rail on the gable end of the house so that we can use it to dry out after a wet take down but also be able to erect as a nice party tent. Our caravan awning rail is about 9 metres in length so I will need to acquire a rail of that length. Can anyone advise where I can get this and how do I bend it to shape?

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Interesting question. Wish I knew the answer. 😀
My only thought is that Caravan dealers with awning showrooms or awning places like Renishaws or Towsure have their walls festooned with such things. Could give one of them a ring and see where they get them ( or even if they have one for sale) because I bet they don’t bend them themselves.
mel

Dec 21, 2019
Visit site
Hi '

not quite what you are proposing but I have a 3.0 m awning rail fastened to some shelves in my garage for use when awning taken down wet. Awning (size 900) pulled through and then supported by two pair of 7 step steps. Works very well to dry out awning I have tried erecting frame and this can be done but too much faff for a couple of days. Interesting aside purchased air awning and when delivered erected in garage on awning rail only to two of the tubes badly distorted and could not be fully inflated. Returned immediately as not fit for purpose.

Reactions: otherclive
Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I did what blackbird said, put a length of rail in my carport high enough to keep the base off the floor, ( my carport was blocked in by full size double doors) used to dry very quickly.

Trevor

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Wifey wants me to put an awning rail on the gable end of the house so that we can use it to dry out after a wet take down but also be able to erect as a nice party tent. Our caravan awning rail is about 9 metres in length so I will need to acquire a rail of that length. Can anyone advise where I can get this and how do I bend it to shape?

Not a bad idea. (y)

For me and because the caravan is in the car port, I put the awning into the rails on the opposite side from the door and then tie the skirt up to some hooks in the wall. Gets a nice breeze through it and the hooks are high enough to get it off the ground.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts