Awning Rail Protector

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
So can this be removed then put back when awning dissasembled each time ? Sick off the black streaks , will need one for each side ! More money !!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes it's just like the beading on your awning with a small flap. Look on eBay they seem to come in 12 m packs. One outfit recently put his in place when he packed up and so towed with it in situ. But that seems a bit extreme.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Alternatively you could clean the caravan roof, it's where the black streaks come from as the grime washes down the sides of the caravan :p

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Parksy said:
Alternatively you could clean the caravan roof, it's where the black streaks come from as the grime washes down the sides of the caravan :p

Now now ! Caravan roof spotless but when we go to pick it up from storage always the odd streak down it after bad weather , Hutch , dont encourage him !! :lol:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Now Craig , would I, :evil: . I have often thought about these item and then discarded the ideas, as my caravan and roof is spotless apart from the crud the pigeons in the barn where I store it, deposit their after dinner extras. So I use the black streak remover about once a month on the areas that are starting and around the hatch doors etc. Doesnt take long and works really well. But we tour a lot and when in storage the vannis under cover.
Hutch.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Unless your caravan is stored under laboratory conditions inside a hermatically sealed building grime and dust will settle onto the roof of your caravan.
I would agree that the awning rail protectors will help, but the grime and dust settles along the top edges of windows, side locker, cassette toilet and battery box doors and in fridge vents. There's nothing to stop grimy rainwater running down the from and back of the caravan, but if you store your caravan nose down the rainwater will run off the roof instead of forming puddles.
A good wax will help to prevent the build up of black streaks because water will run off more quickly.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Totally and utterly with Parksy on this one. We certainly have slightly more issues with windows and fridge vent areas than from the roof. I must say though we don't really have much of a problem with black streaks and they come off easily with Auto Glym caravan and motorhome cleaner.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes I've noticed ! Our van stored outside not inside a barn and I always put the nose down as low as it goes so the water runs into the gutter bit above the window bit , but will be coming home in a few weeks before we go away so it's going to get a good wash and wax and will be showroom spec as I leave the drive but you can guarantee as I finish the heavens will open up and be back to square one ! Hutch will be starting his rain dance now probably that would be a sight for sore eyes !! :p

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Nice to know black streaks are easily removed using Autoglym Caravan and Motorhome polish.
I have a bottle of this, but have not used it yet. I am waiting until I have bought some Aquawax and will spend an afternoon to do both.
To stay on topic with the OP, I am not too sure if the protectors are worth paying out for and seem a bit like front covers which are down to personal choice.
Regards,

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi Steve,
Nice to see the Doog back as your profile picture, I am assuming that is a young John Richards stood along side him. If I knew how to add pictures to my profile, I would have one of the late Gerry Gow.
Regards.

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi lappy, yes that is John Richards. do i assume you are a Bristol City fan. They had a bad habit of beating Swindon when they had Galley, Gow and Garland. Those were the days.

Steve

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi Steve,
Yes I do support Bristol City, but was keeping quiet as we are both fighting for the same cause.
I first started supporting Wolves in the mid-sixties and they were the first coloured Subbuteo team I had, from the standard Red and Blue teams. Favourite players at that time were Derek and Kenny Hibbett. As you can remember John Galley I assume we most be around the same age group.
Regards,

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi Lappy, i can go back a bit more than that, started following Wolves in the 50s when they started in Europe.
Another year older on Friday need a win tonight as a birthday present, as i have 2 brother in laws who are blues fans. Poor souls.

Steve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts