Awning screw pegs

Oct 28, 2007
Visit site
We're thinking of getting some 8 in screw pegs. Some people think they're the best thing ever, some say a waste of money.

Can anyone speak from experience and let me know how they fare on Caravan Club hard standings?

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Elly, i think they are not so good!! i have never managed to get them in properly. They tend to chew the ground up when you try to put them in. They are fine on soft ground but for normal hard standings eg club sites i find rock pegs and a lump hammer the way ahead.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I use 7in screws with a hexagon head bought from B & Q

I fitted these with the plastic ends off some ordinary pegs and on grass they go in very easily with a cordless drill

Also unscrewing cleans the peg as it comes out

The CC etc hardstandings do as as been said pose a problem

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We used screwpegs on grass and they are great. Easy to get in and out however on hardstanding i suggest visiting the screwfix site and buying a load of the galvaniused pegs which can be drilled into the ground easy peesey!

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
I bought some metal screw pegs for our visit to Bunree at Easter, had to hammer them into the ground as they would not screw in. However, they worked so well that, when the awning took off on to the roof of the caravan, the pegs stayed in place the awning stitching having given way! Had to use the drill to unscrew them!

Cheers

G

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts