Awning sizes

Mar 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi

Can anyone please give me some advice on awning sizes I've just bought my first caravan and now I want a awning. I have just got chance of an isabella awning used once for the right money, but the awning has a size of 975 and my caravan requires 987 some people say round it up and some say round it down so it will have better tension, can anyone please give me their views.

Many Thanks

Phil

Feb 6, 2008
Visit site
My dealer told me that when you choose an awning make sure its within 15cms either side of what your caravan handbook says your awning size is.

I think the one you have found should be perfect. Its the same size as mine and I wanted an Isabella, I could not find a good used one in that size and settled with a Dorema.

Mar 3, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for that

Its just a case of having the bottle to buy it as it is still alot of money, if I make a mistake, some people have told me that the awning manufactures measure different to the caravan manufactures so I have got all this to think about I think if I get a couple more post pulling in the same direction I will make that discion

Phil

Feb 6, 2008
Visit site
Thats fair enough, I do the same when I ask any questions. We are also new to caravans and collected our new Bailey Pageant a few weeks ago. I spent ages looking into awnings as I to found them to be alot more money than expected. I paid

Mar 3, 2008
Visit site
malcolm

When you have one altered does it stand out or can you not tell I would prosume making it smaller they take a bit out but if its made bigger they will have to put a piece in does it match

Phil

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
Philip, to make the awning larger, they insert a triangular section at each end of the roof section, wide at the van and tapering away from it. The front of the awning is not affected at all. When I had it done, Trio obtained a piece of the Isabella roof fabric so that it matched exactly. Second time, by SMG in Musselburgh, nr Edinburgh, there was a slight variance due to the original roof having faded a little. Absolutely not worth bothering about, though!

I had Trio make the first alteration as I was pitched at Grassington nr Skipton and read an advert in a caravan magazine re awning alterations. I hadn't realised that this could be done. I phoned them and was invited to the workshop nr Leeds to see how the alterations were carried out. We were taken into the workshop where a very pleasant girl explained the process. I was very impressed and arranged for them to organise a carrier to uplift my awning and carry out the work. I couldn't fault it. SMG were equally good but my measurements were slightly out and it was about 15 to 20cm too short. When I phoned SMG to ask what could be done, they said they would insert a small triangle for only c.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts