Awning, van, boot or back seat

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
On the floor of the car between the front and rear seats.
Oh yes Dog/dogs in the rear of the car with Mrs H's mobility chariot. They have the biggest area.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2022
Visit site
Back seats are folded forward and it goes just behind them along with my kayak. So although it's not on the seats it goes where they were. Car is effectively used as a van when we are towing.

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
Many thanks, looks like the back seat has won. Forgot to say my spare wheel for the car is in footwell/backseat.
That’s where my car spare wheel goes, normally sits in the boot. One advantage of an air awning is they’re smaller than a poled awning (no rigid poles) so mine fits nicely in the boot (and is easier to lift in/out than on the back seat). I used to use a long roof box with a poled awning but I’d need a crane to get the Isabella air awning in there!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There's no recommended universal place to stow an awning. the fact is they tend to be quite heavy, which means they should be kept as low in which ever part of the outfit you stow it.

And of course you should observe the maximum permitted loads for both tow vehicle and trailer.

I personally suggets you always should try to keep the caravan as lightly loaded as possible, which is why I often put it in the car.

"It" refers to the awning

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
There's no recommended universal place to stow an awning. the fact is they tend to be quite heavy, which means they should be kept as low in which ever part of the outfit you stow it.

And of course you should observe the maximum permitted loads for both tow vehicle and trailer.

I personally suggets you always should try to keep the caravan as lightly loaded as possible, which is why I often put it in the car.
Must be a right struggle trying to get your caravan in the car.

Sorry the very thought just amused me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts