Jan 24, 2006
Visit site
New to caravaning (old camper)i am giving up a Cabanon tent, can you recommend a good value for money awning, i know isabella are supposed to be the best, is it worth paying this much?

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
If you plan to keep the same awning (and the same caravan) for many years, then the cost of an Isabella can be justified but not otherwise.

An old awning can be modified to fit a newer caravan but it's better generally to buy an awning to fit.

An Isabella may well outlast the caravan it was purchased for!

We kept our first caravan and Isabella awning for 18 years. The awning showed few signs of wear in all that time. We'll probably only keep our replacement caravan about 10 years so can't justify the cost.

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
NR Awnings are made and sold in the UK. They have a website, www.nrawnings.net and you will find lots of happy owners on this forum!

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Michael

Waudsbys awnings are a good place,they sourced me a secondhand isabella commodore(2004)! Fantastic condition and halve the new price !!!!

Tina x

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
For the reason Roger explained I would say go for a cheaper make. As you are new to caravanning (if not camping) the chances are you might want to change your caravan after a short time. Not many get their ideal layout right first time and this usually means an upgrade. Great for those that buy your van, as the awning is often included. Not so good for you, as your old awning probably won't fit your new van. These days, awnings last for years no matter what make they are.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts