Awnings temporary ban at club sites

May 20, 2005
Visit site
The use of awnings has been temporarily banned at C&CC sites.

They have had to take this action as a number of members have fallen ill over the last week whilst on site. The cause as been identified by health officals to the use of a new fertilizer used by the club on its sites. The fertilizer is giving off a vapour that builds up when confined in awnings. Health officials are doing tests to determin how long the effects last in the soil, its thought it could be 6 months before it is safe to use awnings on club sites.

Checks are taking place at the Caravan Club to make sure thier sites have not used this fertilizer

The fertiliser is of the AOP type and has the trade name Lof Ril

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Why do we have this obsession with adding chemicals to "improve" things? Let nature take it's own course.

If the excessive use of groundsheets is ruining the grass, restrict the groundsheets instead of adding chemicals.

Does the C&CC ban apply to tents as well as awnings?

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Oh!

I've just been caught out by my wife as well. Last year she told me that one of the caravan tyres was flat, when I checked it really was so had to get a new valve fitted.

Enjoy the rest of the day!

May 20, 2005
Visit site
Sorry Rodger just a bit of fun, shows that we have a sense of humour here. I posted it on another forum, with in a minute some one posted that it was an April Fool what a spoiler.

I'm off to pick up the X Trail in 1/2 an hour. Hope thats not an Aprill Fool by my other Half.

TRENDING THREADS