Awnings - Vango Varkala 420 or Westfield Omega 400

Feb 6, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,
In preparation for our first caravan we are looking for an Awning.

We have narrowed it down to a Vango Varkala 420 or a Westfield Omega 400?

Both look great to an untrained eye.
Have any of you guys any experiences to share? The dealer was pushing the Westfield.
As always I really value your advice.

Thanks
Gazbut

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi, not had a Westfield awning. Have had a Vango Air awning (Rapide 250). What I liked about the Vango was that it came included with rear poles (I think they have an even cleverer system to hold it against the van now), really thick rear pads, included storm straps, included really decent pegs, and the draft skirt Velcro’s to the insides of the awning at the edges. I was also impressed with the quality of the material and construction. The pegging down points were adjustable so it was easy to get the awning taut. On the down side it does not have a single inflation point but the rapide has only 2 beams so it wasn’t a problem.
hope this helps

Mel

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I had one of the Kampa air awnings, and had an awfull time with it first trip out. Sold it as soon as we got home and went back to a poled awning. Wouldnt personally have another but others love them.
See
https://www.practicalcaravan.com/forum/equipment-accessories/56576-kampa-awning-problem

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Thingy said:
I had one of the Kampa air awnings, and had an awfull time with it first trip out. Sold it as soon as we got home and went back to a poled awning. Wouldnt personally have another but others love them.
See
https://www.practicalcaravan.com/forum/equipment-accessories/56576-kampa-awning-problem

I had a Kampa inflatable drive-away (motorhome) awning for an older caravan; went up ok and seemed just the job, but that went back to the shop as it leaked like a sieve.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Vango are a good quality make but I do not know anything about Westfield and cannot remember seeing one. Personally I would go for the Vango but hopefully someone will have had a Westfield and let you know what they think.

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi
We've got the Varkala 420 and it's a brilliant awning. We've had it five years and use it all year round. No leaks, no punctures and it's great quality. I somehow managed to break one of the caps that go over the air inlets and vango sent me two new ones free of charge so after service care is also excellent.
When we bought it I was worried about the pump being flimsy (considering the pressure going through it) but it has been faultless.
Can't comment on the other brand but I would certainly go with the Varkala

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts