Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
can anyone give us some advice on making our awning tight when we put it up? We always seem to have one side that is baggy and when it rains we end up with the roof bulging with water. Any tips would be really welcome.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There is a tool you can buy from an accessory shop called 'Hercules universal awning pole tensioner'which you can use to tension up the awning poles.Simple to use. You will understand how to use it when you see it.I use one and find it an excellent help. If you go to www.towsure.co.uk and look under awnings you should see it there, but you should be able to get one at a caravan shop locally.Hope that helps good luck

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
what ive noticed (and been guilty of myself) is trying to have the awning legs too high i.e. up near the caravan roof level. They are supposed to be lower whihc gives a natural run off and helps you tension the poles. I think the temptation to do this comes from trying to raise the awning door height to a level where the top is horizontal when most are supposed to slope.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If the ground is not level, the awning will never look perfect.

The roofline is markedly sloping at the front end on most modern caravans. This seems to contribute to sagging of the awning roof unless the awning is made to measure. I remove much of the sag by lowering the adjacent vertical corner pole and by pulling the lower edge of the awning further outward. The result is an awning that might appear a little lopsided but the rain runs off instead of puddling.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi helen had the same prob with our dorema just like carlton, must be a fault with this model but bloody good value ,meanwhile check all of the above not forgetting that if your pitch is uneven you will get one side higher than the other, the main problem with all awnings is they are made to fit a equal shape each side and you know that most caravans are not equal sided. another remedy would be to fit an extra roof pole good luck M

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts