Awnings

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Hi all, has anyone got any comments about the new style flexi poles porch awnings (like tents). Im thinking about buying a new porch and wondered if they were any good.

Kevin

san

Jan 18, 2006
Visit site
hi, just been on uk campsite forum, they have Outdoor Revolution Easi porch site, with pictures, really inexpensive, seriously thinking about getting one, have a look. san

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Kevin

We use a Scenic porch awning for short stops, weekends etc. when we don't want to put up the full size one.

The fit against the side of the van is not as tight as a "conventional" type of awning but it is very quick to put up and take down.

They pack up into a small bag and so are easy to cart about.

Being very light and small it is also easy to dry off if it's wet.

The only small problem that we find is that as the poles are outside, there is nowhere that you can hang a wet coat to drip.

Someone on this forum must have thought of a way around this by now but without getting the sewing kit out I can't think of one.

Overall I think they are a good solution.

All the best

Clarky

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Kevin go for the Sunncamp in preference to the Basecamp, its a far better awning. If you look back under Equipment & Accessories you will find lots of posts on these type of awnings. The peg straps nearest the van I peg slightly under the van to make a better fit and regarding Clarkys problem hanging wet things we bought a small lightweight clothes airer from a DIY which does the job of hanging towels after wiping 3 dogs feet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts