Aug 23, 2023
Visit site
I posted the above subject a short while ago and received very interesting comments. Following on from this post has anyone heard of "Summer Line" awnings. They are made in France by a company called Narbonne and have on introduced into the U.K market in the last 12 months. Any feed back would be appreciated, Cheers.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Not come across that one. Visually they look like the Kampa Rally ones.
Also relative newcomers are Telta awnings. Made I believe by folks who used to work at Kampa? The plus point seems to be that they are Polycotton not completely synthetic so may reduce the condensation that lightweight awnings are often known for. Haven’t any experience of them myself but if our Vango ever turns up it’s toes/falls off it’s perch/ pushes up the daisies and becomes an ex awning I would go and have a look.
Mel

Reactions: Somersetboy
Apr 28, 2023
Visit site
Not heard of those but recently bought a Telta Life 390 and love it! It is heavy 30+kg but is very sturdy and stands well. Feels v.premium. The polycotton is good - we do still get a bit of condensation but nowhere near as much as with fully synthetic.

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Not heard of those but recently bought a Telta Life 390 and love it! It is heavy 30+kg but is very sturdy and stands well. Feels v.premium. The polycotton is good - we do still get a bit of condensation but nowhere near as much as with fully synthetic.
I looked at the Telta website - the awning descriptions are short on detail - are the air or poled, if so what sort of poles?

Apr 28, 2023
Visit site
The full range is air poled.

Telta have pioneered a new material for the protective tube sleeves, which not only reinforces the strength of the casing but helps to further reduce the weight. This also helps to reinforce the structure of the Air Frame, making the whole awning stronger. A double-pitch roof helps with water run-off while also increasing the internal height; this in turn also makes the awning feel roomier and avoids the habitational door of the vehicle scraping the awning while in use. The height of the side panel has also been increased, so there is no need to stoop when entering or exiting the awning.

Reactions: Somersetboy
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
The full range is air poled.

Telta have pioneered a new material for the protective tube sleeves, which not only reinforces the strength of the casing but helps to further reduce the weight. This also helps to reinforce the structure of the Air Frame, making the whole awning stronger. A double-pitch roof helps with water run-off while also increasing the internal height; this in turn also makes the awning feel roomier and avoids the habitational door of the vehicle scraping the awning while in use. The height of the side panel has also been increased, so there is no need to stoop when entering or exiting the awning.
Thanks for that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts