Back after almost 30 years!

Feb 24, 2023
Visit site
Hi all. Well took the plunge and bought a 2019 Elddis Affinity 574 - yes with the twin beds (well we have been married 45 years this year!) πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.
We have been looking for the right van for almost 18 months and visiting lots of dealers who on the whole were very helpful. We plan a short trip in the next few days to see what we need then hoping to get over to France shortly after that. Currently looking for a good insurer. Joined the Caravan and Camping Club so will start looking there first. Really looking forward to getting out there and meeting like minded folk. πŸ‘

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Sand dancer welcome to the forum enjoy your new caravan any questions you will receive a answer they are a great bunch on here

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi all. Well took the plunge and bought a 2019 Elddis Affinity 574 - yes with the twin beds (well we have been married 45 years this year!) πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.
We have been looking for the right van for almost 18 months and visiting lots of dealers who on the whole were very helpful. We plan a short trip in the next few days to see what we need then hoping to get over to France shortly after that. Currently looking for a good insurer. Joined the Caravan and Camping Club so will start looking there first. Really looking forward to getting out there and meeting like minded folk. πŸ‘
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new caravan. I would strongly suggest that after collecting the caravan you stay on a camp site nearby to the dealer in case there are any issues. I would do a few more short trips before going to France to make sure that everyhting is in place and okay.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum and back into the fold.
Not keen on the C&CC insurance and their chosen insurer. I have switched to Caravanguard which although slightly more expensive which fitted my needs better. Other good companies include SAGA, LV and NFU. I avoid the cheapest quotes as you et what you pay for in most cases. Many brokers do look cheap and are backed by good companies but may use pretty bad agents on claims. If you use a broker check who deals with the claims and google the name to see what others think of them.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. I’ve found CAMH club insurance to be a reasonable price, and they have an excellent record for resolving claims b

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. I’ve found CAMH club insurance to be a reasonable price, and they have an excellent record for resolving claims b
CAMC no longer offer caravan insurance instead they offer Caravan Cover and they do have a good track record for resolving claims. However they are now more expensive than many mainstream reputable insurance companies. We are now with Caravanguard.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
CAMC no longer offer caravan insurance instead they offer Caravan Cover and they do have a good track record for resolving claims. However they are now more expensive than many mainstream reputable insurance companies. We are now with Caravanguard.
The full picture is that for the customer and to all intents and purposes the cover and protections provided by CAMHC is the same as from a regulated insurer. This has been comprehensively discussed in old threads. The OP could use CAMHC with absolute confidence if the price is attractive.

Sep 16, 2018
Visit site
The full picture is that for the customer and to all intents and purposes the cover and protections provided by CAMHC is the same as from a regulated insurer. This has been comprehensively discussed in old threads. The OP could use CAMHC with absolute confidence if the price is attractive.
Just had a largish claim with CAMHC, from completion of the claim form to settlement (including assessor inspection) in 9 working days !
We have no intention to switch in a hurry, they may be a bit more expensive but their claims handling is very efficient.

Reactions: Dustydog
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just had a largish claim with CAMHC, from completion of the claim form to settlement (including assessor inspection) in 9 working days !
We have no intention to switch in a hurry, they may be a bit more expensive but their claims handling is very efficient.

Thank you a real life experience from a claimant. πŸ‘

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Mandarin’s latest experience confirms why I have remained with CAMC Insurance /cover scheme. Not the cheapest but a demonstrable quality cover with an excellent claims approach.

Reactions: otherclive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts