Bad Storm.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
My Nephew went on Saturday up to near Keswick for a week's walking with one of his dogs, camping. We are looking after his elder dog.
This morning at 8 am we get a phone call, are you doing anything at lunchtime, I am on my way home, the Storm that came through the lake district area early this morning has almost destroyed his tent.
At 6 am he rolled everything up and put it all into his car.
I think I might be able to convince him a small caravan might be a good idea.

Reactions: Buckman
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Langdale Pikes before the storm. Mid 1960s. Took the Mini rather than bikes A good decision as going on the Friday night it poured all of the way there. Saturday a better day, until we came out of the pub. Packed up early and extricated the Mini by laying a twin track of stones conveniently available from a nearby fry stone wall.

Scan 20.jpegScan 19.jpeg

Aug 18, 2024
Visit site
Langdale Pikes before the storm. Mid 1960s. Took the Mini rather than bikes A good decision as going on the Friday night it poured all of the way there. Saturday a better day, until we came out of the pub. Packed up early and extricated the Mini by laying a twin track of stones conveniently available from a nearby fry stone wall.

View attachment 7569View attachment 7570
Great pics, but you took stones from a Dry Stone Wall! You get put in the stocks here for that! ๐Ÿ˜ณ plus it is illegal. ๐Ÿ‘

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
I was at school as a boarder in Keswick from Sept 1976 ( the glorious long hot summer) until July 1979
Very happy days there - climbed Scafell Pike 3 times and did most of the other fells in the area too.
Lairthwaite school on Vicarage hillโ€ฆ. I used to love cross country running ( 8 stone wet through and could eat my own body weight in a meal- those were the days).
Our PE teacher was a welsh ex pro rugby player called Williams ( no, not that one), and he used to make us run up Latrigg in our PE lesson.
I have lived in places all over the world as my dad was in the army ( Singapore, Belgium, Germany, Holland, Turkey), but Keswick holds a special place in my heart.
I took my fiancee( now wife) up to the Lake District to get married.
I must get up there with the caravan.

Steve

Reactions: Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts