Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
At Horsley last week and in the night twice it happened, woke up to hear rustling in the awning,. Took a look, found my fishing bait bag scattered around but as all in containers nothing taken. Next night rustling again so just took a quick look and again bits laying around. Next morning after clearing it up found my catapult in pieces as photo. Me and badgers have a thing you might say as my wife use to feed them by hand in our last place and one morning found it had eaten right through the electric live . To stop it getting hurt I bought long length of 22mm waste pipe and threaded the cable through that and no more problems.

Reactions: JezzerB
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
That could have been a bit frightening of a night, a badger is quite a big animal. We had a different visitor experience about 5 years ago.

The visitors we had at this London CL would come by day and leave too many presents.

John

Reactions: JezzerB
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We used to have a big problem with mongoose where we lived previously as they would turn bins on the side to access contents and leave one big mess. Solved this by using a contraption that looked like a rotary washing line but with shorter arms to hold the rubbish.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
As I am sitting here at the pc it gave me more thought on the Badger. So went on photos and videos and took look at what we had going back seventeen years in our last place. As I said my wife use to feed them at night including foxes who use to sit in the garden waiting there turn . Sea gulls Heron type use to scare them as they also wanted to be fed. So well use to them and they are very gentle creatures .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
At CMHC Abbey Wood the site foxes had a fetish for foot ware and would steal them and take them to their lair.

In Canada I had Racoons live under the decking. And when out camping had to haul food stuffs by guy line up a tree away from the pitch.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Know what they are like they have been digging up my garden, pulled the wooden fence apart to get in hope I have stopped it for a while put up some chain link on the inside of the wooden fence.

Trevor

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Know what they are like they have been digging up my garden, pulled the wooden fence apart to get in hope I have stopped it for a while put up some chain link on the inside of the wooden fence.

Trevor
Pour along the fence line a 25% Jeyes fluid and water, that keeps the nocturnal beasts away.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts