Badley behaved children and wardens

Apr 27, 2006
Visit site
Sorry you such a bad experience with the warden but

it is not unusual. I took a new (to me) caravan to a very very large CC site in the Lake District earlier this year. I could not get the fridge to work on electric or the gas to work. As it was all new to me I knew it would only be sometnhing I had ot connected right so asked the warden to assit. I was told "we are wardens not electricians or gas fitters, if we can find tme we may come and look at it"!. They did turn up and couldnt help with electric but found the gas just needed pushing in further. On getting home it turned out that the switch has tripped for the fridge and only needed pushing down.

On the other hand just spent a wonderful week up at Keilder CC. The wardens could not have been any better helping out a new caravaner at 7.30 p.m. when the cooker was chucking out grey smoke. His attitude to children was that they were feel to enjoy themselves but as soon anyone complained that activiti would stop. He even allocated a space away from the vans in the woods for the kids to play football and have a spot of ike jumping. Well done wardens.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Debbi,

Please don't knock the Caravan Club wardens.I'm assuming that you are a Club member.If you read P598 yellow technical section,it states quite clearly that site wardens are under express instructions NOT to provide any services relating to the supply of electricity ( as they are not qualified )

Same goes for gas.If there was an accident and they had been involved,the chances were they would lose their job.We were in a similar position last year and phoned the nearest caravan service dept.for advice.They said they couldn't help for at least 2 weeks......which was really helpful when we were at the start of our holidays.Eventually with help from people around us we got the problem sorted.

Needless to say,we were too far from our own dealer for them to help us.Sod's law.

Jun 2, 2006
Visit site
I guess it is a case of some wardens going out of their way to be helpful inspite of their Caravan Club Training.

Certainly there have been times on Club sites which brought back memories of national service (if anyone remembers that).

The Club sites are very busy so must be doing things right, but sometimes they can seem very expensive now and rather lacking the personal touch.

Maybe the clubs could consider selling the sites to franchisees who would not be subject to all the costs involved in long opening hours.

That could well keep the costs to members down and they could even make a special distribution of the funds raised to all the members?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Perhaps the wardens mentioned by Debbi at the top of this topic were wary, in this litigious age, of being sued if any repair they did went awry later.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts