Bailey Alu Tec 2

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
I assumed the same, but i was concerned that the lip could be on the short side, often i set the van slightly nose down to help drain the shower quicker, and don't bother to set the level side to side.

With my fully sealed shower i have the confidence to do this.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I say again
It's high time Kelly Watts or one of her tecchies at Bailey stepped in and gave us the horses mouth version.
Maybe our own editorial staff could help. At the moment the only sensible explanations are coming from Damien.
The fully plastic lined showerr in my Wyoming precludes damp testing in that area. What if......
smiley-tongue-out.gif

Apr 22, 2006
Visit site
To me it makes sense for Bailey to check these bolts as any bolt can come slightly undone over time.
Another writer made mention of the fact that these are like fridge boxes and yes that is true but these do not get checked in this manner as everyone knows you will get a leaky trailer or box from time to time with this type of construction but you are left with no more water on the floor than what you would be after the trailer is washed out.
Also if the water gets into the panel sides all you need to do is drill 2 very small holes where the water causes a bulge and it will drain out.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Quote "
Also if the water gets into the panel sides all you need to do is drill 2 very small holes where the water causes a bulge and it will drain out."

I take it that you do not repair caravans for a living.....(I hope)
smiley-undecided.gif

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
kevrev219
I HAD A BAILEY PAGEANT FROM 1994 UNTIL 2009 (16 yrs use) AND NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS DURING THIS PERIOD. . I HAVE BEEN CARAVANNING FOR OVER 35 YEARS AND HAD SEVERAL MAKES DURING THIS TIME. I WOULD GIVE BAILEY THE HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION. I NOW HAVE A MONARCH AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH IT TO DATE....HOPE THIS ASSISTS YOU IN YOUR DECISION TO BUY..

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Here my take on the subject if anyone is interested...no thought not, here it is anyway. I always recon with anything that is a new concept first time buyers/users are guinea pigs and, to a greater or lesser extent, test the products at their expense. Yes you can stand with your cutting edge car,caravan,hoover or whatever and puff your proud chest out but clearly you are ‘testing’ the product.
The way I see it in three years time it may be deemed unnecessary to check the bolts and all the other reported problems will be resolved leaving a known quantity for future purchasers. This was one of the governing factors that led us to buy a swift when we actually set out to buy a new Bailey.

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I agree that we all land up testing the latest caravan upgrades and designs. However caravan models are produced in such small numbers compared with cars and consumer products that many problems can creep in to a small model run. Each year all manufacturers upgrade or change models and many have 6 or seven models in each of their ranges. Our last four caravans have been Bailey, Swift Dealer Special, Swift Dealer Special, Bailey. We tend to change about every 5 years and bought a Bailey Pegasus in March as our last Swift was a Friday afternoon van with so many design and production problems, including damp back end at last service, that we did not want to go down that route again. We were impressed by Bailey Alu-tech 10 year anty damp warranty and so far have been very pleased with build quality of our new van. Picked up in March it has completed 11 weeks touring in all conditions and we are still thrilled with it. Only problems, failed gas regulator using Calor Light (regulator replaced by Bailey under warranty), and flap to loo flush water not sealing and letting rain water in, again to be replaced by dealer shortly. All caravanners will have their own reasons for buying a particular make and model we can only hope that they all receive a well designed and built van followed by good dealer service.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts