Bailey Alu Tech Servicing

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It has now been confirmed by Bailey that the fixed price servicing and 3rd year bolt torque check has been scrapped.
Every Alu Tech van is now treated the same as all the conventional build vans and service prices will be the normal dealer/mobile pricing.

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Story on Bailey's changes to warranty and servicing is here

http://practicalcaravan.com/news/bailey-confirms-price-and-warranty-changes

The motorhome warranty is also stepped down to six years as standard for all vans built from Monday 20 February 2012. Any built before that date have ten years for free but all AluTech models lose the requirement for the bolt retorquing, regardless of the warranty issue. This is a retrospective change.

cheers

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Bailey have really mucked up the marketing of their "new"construction idea,doesn't give me the confidence to buy one of their caravans.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Alibaba said:
Bailey have really mucked up the marketing of their "new"construction idea,doesn't give me the confidence to buy one of their caravans.
Hang on here. Bailey are now saying you do not need the Alu-tech bolts checking every year.That's a good thing surely
smiley-undecided.gif

On paper I have to say the construction methodology looks superior to my Wyoming.
The 64 million dollar question now is to see if others like Swift and Elddis drop back to 6 years.
I wish Bailey could issue a very simple explanation why they have changed heart???????????????

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Dustydog said:
I wish Bailey could issue a very simple explanation why they have changed heart???????????????
I read a statement from Bailey saying the dropping of the FOC extended warranty insurance was to help offset the general cost in materials etc being passed on to new purchasers. If you accept that they do in fact face increase cost, then that is a simple explanation. From day one it was 6 years makers warranty and that has not changed.

Jan 20, 2008
Visit site
It looks like Bailey did not have the confidence in their Alu-tec method of contruction to underwrite the final 4 years of the warranty theirselves opting to have it underwriten by a third party, and they still do not have the confidence to underwrite it theirselves in a effort to save costs instead putting the onus on the owner.

Sep 15, 2006
Visit site
Stephen1956 said:
It looks like Bailey did not have the confidence in their Alu-tec method of contruction to underwrite the final 4 years of the warranty theirselves opting to have it underwriten by a third party, and they still do not have the confidence to underwrite it theirselves in a effort to save costs instead putting the onus on the owner.
I read it exactly the opposite way around. The extra 4 years can be bought for £189 when buying the caravan, or for £229 later on (in each case a one-off payment).

Having reviewed the structural durability of the alu tech construction they have confirmed all is well with joint integrity and the reduction in warranty reflects the need to minimise prices hikes against their competition as well as recognising a vast number of new caravan buyers do not keep their vans over 6 years.

The main advantage of the 10-year warranty to the person buying the caravan new is the hope of a higher residial value when they come to sell (let's say at 5 years).

I think its really clever allowing the extra 4 years to be bought at a reasonable price right up until year 6. If I were buying a 5 year old caravan, the option to have 5 years of damp warranty for £230 sounds a bargain. After all, with a traditional-built caravan, you'd be mentally assuming that you'd need a reseal at some point in that 5 years.

This way allows Bailey to keep the price rise for the new caravan down, but keep the prices of the used ones up. Win:win.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts