Bailey atc

Jan 18, 2022
Visit site
Thank you. The cable from the atc unit has a green and a white wire ending in a two pin plug Do you know where it goes. I can’t see an obv socket on the back of the psu

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
The cable from the 13 plug terminates at the psu but I can’t see an obvious point to connect the atc cable
There's probably a connector under the caravan as the road lights circuits don't usually go inside the caravan - the ATC supply probably comes from that same connector - look underneath starting from the 13-pin plug band work backwards.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
On our Unicorn 4 Seville the power cables (i.e. battery permanent live and fridge) are terminated and fused inside the front of the N/S bed locker. The ATC cables are tapped off there.

Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
As a note I've posted this before.

Our 2016 Coachman the atc failed when we brought the caravan home from the site it lived on, at the same time the battery was totally ka put.

Once I installed a new battery via Halfords the atc came to life again.

Now folk did say that was basically impossible power feed etc, but thats what happened.

Reactions: Hutch
Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
As a note I've posted this before.

Our 2016 Coachman the atc failed when we brought the caravan home from the site it lived on, at the same time the battery was totally ka put.

Once I installed a new battery via Halfords the atc came to life again.

Now folk did say that was basically impossible power feed etc, but thats what happened.

That will not have happened because of the battery per se. If the battery was very low there could be sufficient voltage drop that the ATC would think there was no supply. Disconnecting the battery would have restored ATC.
Once a new battery is fitted the voltage will be near normal (the new battery will be part charged) and the ATC will work once more.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
That will not have happened because of the battery per se. If the battery was very low there could be sufficient voltage drop that the ATC would think there was no supply. Disconnecting the battery would have restored ATC.
Once a new battery is fitted the voltage will be near normal (the new battery will be part charged) and the ATC will work once more.
Not sure if what I am saying is the same as your post. If the caravan battery is very low surely it will drag down the 12v when towing causing the ATC to stop functioning although the 2 are not directly related?

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
But doesn’t it pick up its supply from one of the caravan circuits fed directly by the towing vehicle?
You confused me. Yes , pin 9 is a direct live from the car , engine off. No battery in caravan shouldn’t matter , I’m sure . Pin 13 is the Earth return for this circuit. I wasn’t aware from the other posts that the Leisure battery was involved in the circuit.?Surely you should be able to tow with an Operative ATC without a leisure battery?
Have we gone round in circles here??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts