BAILEY AUVERGNE

Jul 31, 2005
Visit site
AFTER GETTING THE CARAVAN BUG,I WOULD LIKE TO UPGRADE TO A 5 BERTH.I CURRENTLY TOW WITH A VOLVO 960 AND WOULD APPRECIATE ANY THOUGHTS ON THE NEW BAILEY AUVERGNE

THANKS

CRAIG

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Craig

I tow a 2005 Provence which is a lengthened Auvergne but with L shaped front and searate shower. Prior to this towed a 2003 Ranger 500/5, same layout as the Auvergne. The only downside as far as I can see with the layout is the washroom gets soaked if showering on board, hence a separate shower in the Provence, however the Auvergne is 2feet shorter hence lighther than the Provence.

I have only had one problem with a duff battery charger, and the plastic ducting above the hob has warped, but will be replaced under warranty at its 1 st service. Bailey have now come up with a solution and fit a plastic with a higher melting point.

You won't be disappointed with one and for the weight and price nothing can touch them, plus they now have removeable carpets which is bonus, even if only for cleaning the van after use.

Previously owned Abbeys, but no comparison in build quality, but make sure you go to a dealer who guarantees good service and looks after you as a customer. In my opinion this is more important than a couple of hundred off the purchase price. I'm lucky my dealer is in the same town and keeps winning awards from the caravan industry.

Good luck in your decision, you won't regret it.

Andrew

Jul 31, 2005
Visit site
ANDREW

THANKS FOR THE SWIFT RESPONSE.THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE WROTE IN THE FORUM,USUALLY JUST READ..ALSO LOOKED AT THE RANGER 500/5 SO WILL LOOK AT THE SHOWER ISSUE.

MANY THANKS

CHEERS PAL

CRAIG

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Craig and welcome to the forum

You are making the MISTAKE I made when I first started on this computer lark!!

Capital letters are considered to be shouting and bad form.

I sent an E-Mail to Energy Watch when I first started and used all capitals .I was irate but not with them.

Often cringe about it when the topic arises

Good luck with the Bailey hunt we are awaiting a new Senator Oklahoma.

November seems a long way off !!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts