Bailey Caravans

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
Hi all anybody else had issues with new bailey caravans bought a new van in march and picked it up end of april since then had nothing but build quilty issues first the wheel arch fell off then the bathroom door warped side dinnet table was slopeing to one side also draw fronts would'nt close properly on the soft close brackets the one issue that bothering the missis is the cushens dont fit properly the foam sags and goes flat i have to say the dealer is sorting the problems out one at a time due to parts delay some new cushens arrived today from prima but sad to say they look the same as the previous ones buying a new caravan is not all its craked up to be

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Reading your post it does read as if you got a Friday or Monday caravan. Taking into consideration the price paid, there should not be any serious issues.

As you are within the first 6 months from date of purchase, you have to give the dealer ONE opportunity at repair before rejecting the caravan and requesting a full refund.

Remember that if the fault occurred within the first 30 days the time frame was suspended until the fault was resolved to the satisfaction of both parties. Also if a fault was found in the first 30 days and has not been resolved you have the right to reject the caravan immediately.

If the caravan is on hire purchase then your contract is with teh finance company and it is their responsibility to resolve the issues. Try to keep as much as possible in writing so that you have a paper trail. Your choice how you wish to proceed.

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for the reply back in may i told them i was rejecting the caravan and wanted a refund ?? I was told i could'nt have a refund i had to give them the opertunaty to put all the issues right first they fixed the wheel arch that came away but its come loose again and comeing away from the van and the dealer is a big reputable dealer

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the reply back in may i told them i was rejecting the caravan and wanted a refund ?? I was told i could'nt have a refund i had to give them the opertunaty to put all the issues right first they fixed the wheel arch that came away but its come loose again and coming away from the van and the dealer is a big reputable dealer

If it was within the 30 days of taking delivery then you had the right to reject and if you notified them within the first 30 days that you were rejecting the caravan then that right should still stand.

It is correct that after the first 30 days and within 6 months, you need to give them one chance at a repair before rejecting. The wheel arch coming away again is a good reason to reject.

I would strongly suggest writing everything down in chronological order and then contacting Which Legal Services for advice. You can either phone or use the chat system Initial consultation is free. We used them to reject our caravan when it was 11 months old and then again recently with a major issues on the replacement caravan.

I am assuming that the caravan is not on hire purchase or a finance agreement? if it is then the finance company needs to be contacted ASAP.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts