Bailey continue caravan Manufacture

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Good news maybe but what about site availability for me next year 😢😢

Bailey have just sent out this press release.
I attach it in full.
Dustydog.

Bailey of Bristol to continue manufacturing operations during lockdown period in order to meet the surge in demand for its leisure vehicle products
Bailey of Bristol is to continue its manufacturing operations during the forthcoming lockdown period in order to meet the surge in demand for its leisure vehicle products.
The company is fully supportive of the Government’s decision to take the measures required to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus across the country and the need to keep everyone as safe as possible. At the same time it must balance this with safeguarding the future of the business and protecting the livelihoods of its employees.
Since Bailey Retailers re-opened in July following the first national lockdown, customer demand for both its caravans and motorhomes has been very strong with more and more people looking for a new safe and sustainable way to holiday. As a result Network stocks have reduced by over 75% and are now at their lowest levels for over a decade.
Customer feedback on the new 2021 models (particularly the Phoenix+ and Pegasus Grande SE caravans plus the Adamo motorhome range) has also been extremely positive and the Bailey retail forward order book now extends well into the New Year.
Consequently, Bailey has taken the decision that, in-line with the Government Guidelines on the opening of manufacturing businesses, it will continue with the scheduled production of its caravans and motorhomes. As before support functions, (such as Finance, Sales, Marketing and Customer Services) will keep working to ensure that contact is maintained with Customers, Retailers and Supplier Partners. PRIMA Leisure will also remain open during this period fulfilling on-line customer orders for leisure vehicle parts and accessories orders.
In order for the business to be able to continue operating in this way, it has required the implementation of a series of new working practices, covering hygiene, social distancing and the use of personal protective equipment, which ensure Bailey remains a safe place to work. The company would like to thank all of its employees for actively engaging in this programme and successfully adapting to their new COVID-secure working environment.
With a significant number of our Approved Bailey Retailers closed to the public during this period it will not be possible in many cases to arrange product viewings. However, to assist potential buyers to decide which Bailey leisure vehicle is right for them we have created two new ‘virtual showrooms’, one for caravans and one for motorhomes on the company website.
Caravan virtual showroom: https://www.baileyofbristol.co.uk/current-caravan-models/
Motorhome virtual showroom: https://www.baileyofbristol.co.uk/current-motorhome-models/
These showrooms display all our current caravans and motorhomes in a single place with a 360 degree interior tour of every vehicle as well as walkthrough videos for each of the new-for-2021 models. An in-depth search function will assist with finding the right model and prospective customers can also complete an on-line enquiry form to send to their local Bailey Retailer to organise a viewing once they are open.
In order to accommodate customers who will be unable to get their caravan or motorhome serviced over the next few weeks Bailey has taken the decision to extend the due date of the 2020 annual vehicle service by a further three months. Provided the vehicle is serviced in this extended window then the warranty will remain valid. Whilst the COVID-19 restrictions in place across the four home nations differ markedly at present, this extension will be available, if required, across the whole of the UK.
Commenting on the situation Bailey Managing Director Nick Howard said: “We find ourselves in the fortunate position at present where unprecedented levels of demand for our caravans and motorhomes has led to a genuine shortage in supply. Consequently we have decided to continue manufacturing vehicles as planned, but in an environment which safeguards the wellbeing of our employees whilst at work”.
Finally he added “We therefore anticipate there will be minimal disruption to operations during this period, however would once again like to thank all our Customers, Retailers and Supplier Partners for their continued support and understanding in these challenging times”.
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...EPhM_5VQitG-VXrzifUobUnSX4_jGISxBglACOC0IiFaQ

BAILEYOFBRISTOL.CO.UK

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Good for them, but at the same time they have used the opportunity to push the company and the product. But I don’t blame them for that.

John

Reactions: JezzerB
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Every company that can safely continue manufacturing the products they deserve a pat on the back, the more companies that survive the more jobs there will be for the many people who have lost their jobs, if Bailey use it as an opportunity to maybe do a bit of advertising then good luck to them, I know what you mean about pitches next year DD but the more seasoned vanners might have a bit of a start on getting sites booked early, good luck to us all.
BP

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
BP, I see what you mean about booking ahead, we never normally book ahead except for the Woosie fests, as we don't know whats going on the next week let alone the next couple of months. But the advantage the caravanners like ourselfs might have is that we know of hidden away little gems, that the Newbies will not know of yet. With some luck we might see some new very good Cl Cs sites start to appear.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
BP, I see what you mean about booking ahead, we never normally book ahead except for the Woosie fests, as we don't know whats going on the next week let alone the next couple of months. But the advantage the caravanners like ourselfs might have is that we know of hidden away little gems, that the Newbies will not know of yet. With some luck we might see some new very good Cl Cs sites start to appear.
34 new CLs were added to CMHC recently. See my post 3 Oct 2020. Very good news.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
This is the future so that the company and the employees will have a future they deserve, good product management. More companies could follow their ideas so that in this economic climate the future could be more positive, virtual areas so that the product can be viewed then later seen in practice, wish them all the best.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Should help with availability next year as almost every one built should mean a used one released onto the market. Companies will do all they can to keep going as survival may depend on this.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Should help with availability next year as almost every one built should mean a used one released onto the market. Companies will do all they can to keep going as survival may depend on this.
With the dealerships so out of stock and waiting lists for new caravans there will be a goodly number going to first time buyers or people returning to caravanning. However should new owners not like the lifestyle, or have financial difficulties in the future there could be a release back into the market of pre owned vans which could depress prices. Difficult to predict.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Sounds to me that Bailey consider there is one rule for them while smaller businesses close and suffer.
Surely as a manufacturing business they can continue to work if they ensure Covid precautions. Construction, factories, food factories, logistics depots etc. Without them things would be very grim indeed. And the company and their workers are paying tax, and helping their supply chain and local area businesses too.

Reactions: Dustydog
May 7, 2012
Visit site
I do not think this is a case of one rule for them. All businesses are under financial strain and therefore if you can manage the rules it makes sense to try and carry on. I have no idea what the financial state of Bailey is, but the lockdown cannot have helped with it.

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
I think they are being encouraged to stay open-the car factories are as we're told our mini will still be built on time in the next week or so and the showroom is open for click and collect handover type delivery-happy days-not one rule-good job as the country really would go to the wall!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
In the Covid 2nd lockdown thread I have said that some business sectors are lobbying to have restrictions lifted becasue its strangling them, I feel they have their priorities wrong, but I can't disagree the provisions will be hitting viability.

But where businesses can operate within the regulations, then so be it. Bailey have found they can manage which is good for them.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
There is a problem with priorities but at the end of the day if your business is leeching money then yours might be different. There is a conflict between the economy and health with no right answer.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
There is a problem with priorities but at the end of the day if your business is leeching money then yours might be different. There is a conflict between the economy and health with no right answer.
Yes, and in particular with a business the owner will still have fixed outgoings even when shut down, and they may have families and homes which if the business closes down permanently are in a really difficult position with the distinct prospect off losing everything they have worked hard for. I think that the debate on the wider aspects of health and economy hasn't run its full course yet.

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Agreed; if it is possible to operate safely they should be allowed-trouble is when things put in place aren't adhered to often.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Agreed; if it is possible to operate safely they should be allowed-trouble is when things put in place aren't adhered to often.
At least with a manufacturer there will be a limited number of people involved and they don't have contact with the general public, so they can hopefully maintain Covid safe working practices for their employees.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts