Bailey front panel

Aug 30, 2024
Visit site
Hi all our Bailey phoenix 440 GT 75 has a front trim panel it’s a common panel on a few models it seems , when you open the front windows you can see the top of the trim and will notice it is only held on by a few screws and the odd blob of sealer, so when it rains the water and fine debris go behind the trim and it looks cheap and badly finished off , but here is the real problem if you have an expensive cover that clips to the bottom of the front panel all that water and debris pool in bottom of you cover and will rot it Baileys attention to detail is poor, please see attached it’s worth fixing this yourself regards DIMG_7113.jpegIMG_7111.jpeg

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You don't tell the age of the caravan, so I presume the fact you have asked suggests it's warranty period has expired.

If you are experiencing "pooling" of water and debris then that is never a good thing, and realistically it does need to be sorted, becasue apart from the possibility of the pooled water escaping into the caravans woodwork leading to damp and rot, you don't want to be carrying around extra weight.

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
That's pretty poor, our GT65 at least has some seals between the panel and the body of the caravan, they do crack and perish and look pretty horrible and need replacing (bought some last year but have never got around to it )

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
You don't tell the age of the caravan, so I presume the fact you have asked suggests it's warranty period has expired.

If you are experiencing "pooling" of water and debris then that is never a good thing, and realistically it does need to be sorted, becasue apart from the possibility of the pooled water escaping into the caravans woodwork leading to damp and rot, you don't want to be carrying around extra weight.
Read the initial post properly/fully
The pooling is in the bottom of any Towing cover!

Personally I never leave my cover on unless its being towed, so doesnt pose any issues for me. Likewise I am not at all bothered by the "gap" (I have a Phoenix so very similar)
I have thought about running a bead of silicone along it, but CBA.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Read the initial post properly/fully
The pooling is in the bottom of any Towing cover!

Personally I never leave my cover on unless its being towed, so doesnt pose any issues for me. Likewise I am not at all bothered by the "gap" (I have a Phoenix so very similar)
I have thought about running a bead of silicone along it, but CBA.
Actually the advice by the manufacturers of front towing covers is to never leave the cover on when in storage as it can damage the caravan. TBH I cannot see how water can pool in the bottom of the front towing cover when travelling as surely it would "bounce" out?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts