Bailey Help

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Following write off of our beloved Bessacarr we purchased a Bailey Senator 5000.

Classsic, dreamed of, used buy! Owner and wife bought the van and fell out each time they used it and the teenage kids refused to go with them! Pampered and maintained we found it still with manufacturers protective coverings and paper placement labels on seating etc.We have found a very very tiny small dent and a tiny paint chip. Apart from that the van is in show room condition and the Awning appears to never have been used. Owners wife said they only ever put it up ome in the garden and fabric and frame show no wear marks.

Carver mains connection kit still sealed worked fine, but at our second site we found pump in tank had seized and control flow switch diaphram had stretched and we had no mains connection. A day around Cork and we located Whale switch and new pump and I had it fitted within a few minute. Water tank then pumped water to taps with no problem. There is a a float arm (ball ****) type switch in the water tank. With the external pump plugged in to the side of the van and dunked into the external Aquaroll I assumed that when the water level dropped in the tank external pump would switch on and fill the tank until float cut it out.

Am I expecting to much? Or am I mad?

I have have read the manual back to front and still can't seem to grasp how it all works.

Is it possible that the "float arm" switch is faulty.

Is there somebody that has a Bailey from 97/98 with this set up that can advise on how it all should work?

And once the little fiddly clickety clickety flow switch is set, does it have to be reset every time you set up as it is in a silly place if it does?

Please put me out of my misery, we got a fantastic van that everyone thinks is brand new. I had no poroblem re the Whale Pump being siezed through lack of use, the external pump just needed a prod and away it went. We looked at loads of "good" used vans and saw some real tat, we nearly fell about laughing when we found this wonderous beast with full log of use in pristine condition sorting the water flow would put cherry on our fantastic cake! Any other tips for caring for the beast would be appreciated!

cris

We are using the van over the festive season and need to have the problem sorted Quickly!

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Thanks for the Bailey Number. Just tried calling them. I am normally to busy in the day adn I just get engaged now tone! So if ayone out there can help As I am to busy during the day for the next week or so.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts