Bailey Olympus 504

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone out there have this van, and if so how is the layout working out for your family? our local dealer doesnt stock this model, so we havn't had chance to look properly at it yet, but it looks good on the website. We are a family of 3 (plus 2 dogs) and I think this layout would suit us.

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi Joann
We dont have your model, but do have the Olympus 534 fixed bed with end washroom. We find this van excellent and it would suit a family of 3. But it all depends on the layout you are looking for. Why does your local dealer not stock this model? I can only think its because its not a good seller for them. You could try downloading the brochure from the bailey website.

Dougie....

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Dougie,
I wanted to have a look at the layout with the dinette/small double bed rather than the fixed bed, this might mean travelling further to have a look at this van. Elddis and Swift do a similar layout but they are both too heavy for us to tow, and again dealers near us don't have these models for us too look at. I thought that a dinnete where we can all eat would be good, when it is too cold to eat in the awning.

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi
We have this van - we are family of 3, 2 adults one child. We have had the 504 since March and have loved every minute of it. We had a Bailey Ranger before and the service from Bailey was great. We wanted a van were you can have lie in if you want without disturbing the other person but not have the hassle of making beds up all the time. We opted to have the additional bunk fitted cost approx £200, this meant you have the double dinette at the back drop it down to a double bed and the bunk fits over it. My little lad is nearly seven and he loves it. It is ideal for a weekend as you can leave the beds set up, my little lad can go to bed on the top bunk and when we are ready we can either use the back bed or pull out the front double. We used to have the double bunks in the Ranger but found we kept waking are little lad up by talking and the tv etc. We also thought that this van should last us for the next 5 years and if he outgrows the fitted bunk then he has own double bed with the double dinette and we have the front double so there was lasting appeal with this van. The end wash room is great too, although a little smaller than our Ranger there is plenty of room to shower and you can close of the double dinette part into like a bedroom the wardrobes are handy there too ideal for getting dressed in. There is blown heating in the shower and under the double dinette and at the front double. The wrap around seating at the front is brilliant for lounging. We looked at the 525 layout before this one but landed with the 504 by sheer chance, when I saw the layout I knew it was right. I was in the dealership making up the beds, lying on the beds, sitting on the sofa imagining what I do normally - I think they thought i was crackers, but this van had to be right and for us it is. One thing I would say if you go for the Olympus it comes with a washing bowl - don't put it in the sink as when travelling it moves around and scratches the nice stainless steel sink. However, I mentioned this to the dealer and they are replacing via Bailey no charge. All in all for us it is a good all round family van. It's right for us.

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Dan and Paula, it sound like a perfect choice for you, I think this layout would suit us as well
smiley-smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts