Bailey Olympus

May 17, 2010
Visit site
we ordered our new Bailey Olympus 624 13th February with our local dealer we were given 1st week in may for delivery now have been told put back another 2 weeks. Has any one else got the same waiting time or are we expecting too much for the van to be ready in 15 weeks?

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I can beat that!

We ordered a sterling europa 550 on October 15th 2009 and was told delivery was going to be the last week in may 2010!!!

When the dealer rang up to confirm it he was told last week in June!

Almost 7 months

dealer then sold us the display model out of the showroom.

I know caravans are hand built but 15 weeks or 7months is taking the peep a bit

Picked it up a week later!!!!!!

Nov 20, 2006
Visit site
manufacturers build caravans in batches of model runs. so for intsance this week bailey may be producing a batch of olympus 462 for 2-3 wks and then the next batch may be pegasus 534 for 3-4 wks. caravans are not produced as individual models as the orders are placed. in most instances, when placing the order, the dealer will know in advance when your model run is due to start.

May 17, 2010
Visit site
thanks folks- This is was I was worried about - that ours would not be built on orders first placed. May be we ought to re-consider another model or indeed another make.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
My mate ordered his Olympus around 21st March 2010 from Chichester caravans B.ham and they rang him last week to tell him that the caravan had been made and was being released this week.

Depending on how busy Chichester are when doing the pdi he's hoping to collect it this weekend or shortly after.

Nov 20, 2006
Visit site
bailey produce ranger, gt60, olympus and pegasus. in each range there is approx 6-7 models. so thats approx 24 different caravans. if they produce one model for 3 weeks (production already determind) then you can do the maths and why it is possible for one particular model to take up to 7 months to be built especially if it is not seen by the manufacturer to be a popular model. but this waiting isnt always the case if the manufacturer gets a significant number of orders from their dealer network, they will alter the production schedule to meet the new demand.

Nov 20, 2006
Visit site
bailey have been so popular because they have a fantastic advertising and marketing team. if there is any magazine tests between same models from different manufacturers , bailey nearly always feature. plus they have always produced a "value for money" caravan.

Nov 20, 2006
Visit site
bailey produce ranger, gt60, olympus and pegasus. in each range there is approx 6-7 models. so thats approx 24 different caravans. if they produce one model for 3 weeks (production already determind) then you can do the maths and why it is possible for one particular model to take up to 7 months to be built especially if it is not seen by the manufacturer to be a popular model. but this waiting isnt always the case if the manufacturer gets a significant number of orders from their dealer network, they will alter the production schedule to meet the new demand.
i should have also said, dont forget the several closures they have over a season.

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
bailey have been so popular because they have a fantastic advertising and marketing team. if there is any magazine tests between same models from different manufacturers , bailey nearly always feature. plus they have always produced a "value for money" caravan.
Must be missing something here. Baileys made their name on being lightweight and cheap to own and run. They now top

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts