Bailey Paegent water supply

Aug 1, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone. First post for me. I've got a Bailey Paegent 6 berth. (Series 6 ?)

Previously had an Abbey Oxford County 4 berth.

Used the Bailey first time last week. Filled up the internal water tank no problem all worked well. When it ran out I connected the external tank and pump. Pump runs and pumps water but can't get water into the van. I read in the manual about a switch over valve but I've searched high and low and can find no valve other than hit water tank drain (the yellow one ) and the main tank train underneath for the internal tank.

Am I missing something here? Or is there some sort of automatic switch over valve that's stuck ?

Also had the pump not working in the toilet ccistern but was just the impeller stuck after being stood over winter and a broken wire.....so that's sorted!

Generally like the layout and everything else is fine it tows well.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Ben

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Whatto and welcome to the forum.
Sorry I can't help with your water issue as never had an on board tank but glad to hear you are enjoying the new van and that the layout suits you.
You'd be surprised how many people seem to buy a layout they think fits the bill only to quickly change it because it doesn't suit them.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I am not familiar with your caravan model, but wonder if what you are talking about is a pressure switch. In practice this is not a switch but a valve with a small white knurled wheel on top. You simply turn this to alter the pressure in the system until the water flows correctly.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I'm a bit confused Ben.
Please can you be specific about the actual model you have ?
FIL had a Pageant Monarch S6. No on board tank.
However the our Senator S6 does have an onboard tank with an onboard pump. Next to the pump are two "three way" valves which enable you to source the water from the aquaroll or onboard tank. The third position enables you to fill the onboard tank from the aquaroll whilst a fourth position, not listed assists with the drain down.
Maybe someone has retrofitted a tank and hidden the valve :unsure:

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Yep Pageants never had on board tanks so you've got one thats been fitted retrospectively. The senator had the tank and it works as described above.

Aug 1, 2017
Visit site
Thanks all. Sorry delayed reply I've been working loads last few days.

It's the switch over valve that dusty dig mentions I think I might need help on.......as I can't find one !!!

I'm fairly familiar with the pressure switch. It's by the hot water tank on mine and I've adjusted it and works fine.....cuts in as it should etc.

Mines a Senator Carolina not sure on the year. Tank is fitted up front under the table/cupboard.

Dusty dog can you describe exactly where your valve is please ?

Thanks again all

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Aha! It's a Senator :)
Lift the front offside seat and you will see the on cold board tank in the front corner. Further back is the Truma water heater with the yellow tap valve for drainage. Then near the seat edge you will see the on board water pump and it's plumbing via two three way valves. On the inside of the small access door you will see the various tap positions diagram.
Okay? ?

Aug 1, 2017
Visit site
I'm in the sticks so got to come in doors to get signal and reply.

Internal tank is front centre under table. It has full pipe from outside and single cold feed that runs back to truma water heater 10 litres underneath bottom rear bunk it's a 6 berth.

I've got the yellow drain valve but can't see anything else at all.

I got a couple of photos can I email them to you?

Thanks a lot so far it's doing my head in !!

Just found small wet spot off side front window......arrghhhh the joys of caravaninng lol

Aug 1, 2017
Visit site
I'm in the sticks so got to come in doors to get signal and reply.

Internal tank is front centre under table. It has full pipe from outside and single cold feed that runs back to truma water heater 10 litres underneath bottom rear bunk it's a 6 berth.

I've got the yellow drain valve but can't see anything else at all.

I got a couple of photos can I email them to you?

Thanks a lot so far it's doing my head in !!

Just found small wet spot off side front window......arrghhhh the joys of caravaninng lol

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
I have bailey pageant monarch series seven it has an onboard tank it as far as I am aware has a two way valve with a yellow actuater move it one way and it allows the tank to drain for towing and the other way to fill the system .
I use an aquaroll with a filter plugged into the outside wall of van , I have had a few problems filling system but overcame this by taking filter off the end of pipe trying to fill with pump running ,put my finger over hole in pipe to feel suction worked ok .
I think the pipe had an airlock I always unplug the filter from the van when filling onsite for the first time

Aug 1, 2017
Visit site
Hi oggie.

Thanks again.

So that's the yellow valve you lift up to deal the hot water tank ? Do you turn it to alter flow direction ? I will give that a go.

I'm filling up from aqua roll via 12v pump. That part is definitely working as it's pumping and building pressure trying to get water into the van.....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts