Bailey Pageant bretagne series 5 having big condensation pro...

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
we have just got a new Bailey Pageant bretagne series 5 and we are having

a big condensation Problem with the back door as it gets a lot of condensation on it we have to put the bed mattress in a bin bag this can't be right .Does anybody know what the R.H should be in a new van as I have been told different things i.e. 12% and up to 20% as the readings that I am getting are indifferent with these.Regards steve jones

my e-mail northernflooringltd@msn.com

Mar 31, 2005
Visit site
Dear Steve i will send an email i recieved from baileys regarding the condensation in the bretagne asi to have just purchased 1 and am finding the same problems. regards Ian Thomas

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thomas any chance you could tell me what Bailey said, we too have a Bretange and are also having some problems with condensation on the rear bunks.

My e-mail is greatwich@tesco.net

Thanks Jo

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thomas any chance you could tell me what Bailey said, we too have a Bretange and are also having some problems with condensation on the rear bunks.

My e-mail is greatwich@tesco.net

Thanks Jo
Ian - might be useful to others if you copied and pasted the contents of the email into a reply box on this forum.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thank you for your e-mails re the letter from Bailey. I think we already do most of the things they mention, we don't tend to have the heating on at night. We are going to mention it to our dealer along with a couple of other niggles. We'll see what he says.

Interestingly there is a similar posting on another caravan forum, one of the people who posted has actually had their van go back to Bailey for various bits to be done, including putting ventilation holes into the bases of the bunks, fitting ventalation boards to the side of the bunks and adding another blown air vent to the back of the van. Interesting to find out what else people are having to do.

Jo

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
Hi jo,

You mention of another customer , having to send his van back to Bailey's from another caravan forum , is it possible. You can recall this formal , as I am trying to compile evidence against Bailey's your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
How to overcome condensation

Condensation occurs when the humidity inside the tourer exceeds 60% or ventilation is not sufficient. To overcome this, take the following action:

Leave a rooflight open or in the night vent position.

Put windows onto night vent position (see handbook)

Leave doors open between compartments.

Do not wash crockery last thing at night, it creates moisture in the air.

Do not boil water last thing at night and empty all water from kettles, etc.

Remove flowers or vases containing water from sleeping quarters.

Keep temperatures at night to a minimum (hot air contains water vapour)

Increase ventilation in inclement or very wet weather.

You cannot expect to eliminate condensation completely but following the above hints will help towards a more comfortable environment.

Condensation

Condensation in touring caravans is caused by a build up of moisture in the air contained in the caravan, not water ingress or damp. This is because the interior wallboard in a caravan is covered with a vinyl paper, which will not let water pass through.

Condensation may be encountered from time to time and this is quite normal. The only way to stop a build up of condensation is to follow the points listed below and also follow the points in the handbook for your own caravan.

When in storage

1. If possible, remove all the caravan upholstery. If not, stand the cushions on their edges allowing air to circulate around them.

2. Regularly air the caravan by opening the windows and allowing fresh air into the van.

3. Do not heat the caravan as this will increase condensation.

4. Make sure any vents are not blocked or obstructed.

5. Any products which say they will reduce condensation may be used, i.e. bowls of salt.

When in use

1. Make sure that any vents fitted into the van are not blocked or obstructed.

2. Windows should be used on the night vent position.

3. Avoid boiling water or cooking late at night.

4. Always air cushions well after use as a bed.

Note Condensation is not covered by any warranties.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me on the helpline number 0117 3052939 or e-mail helpline@bailey-caravans.co.uk

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site

Condensation occurs when the humidity inside the tourer exceeds 60% or ventilation is not sufficient. To overcome this, take the following action:

You cannot expect to eliminate condensation completely but following the above hints will help towards a more comfortable environment.

Condensation

Condensation in touring caravans is caused by a build up of moisture in the air contained in the caravan, not water ingress or damp. This is because the interior wallboard in a caravan is covered with a vinyl paper, which will not let water pass through.

Condensation may be encountered from time to time and this is quite normal. The only way to stop a build up of condensation is to follow the points listed below and also follow the points in the handbook for your own caravan.

When in storage

1. If possible, remove all the caravan upholstery. If not, stand the cushions on their edges allowing air to circulate around them.

2. Regularly air the caravan by opening the windows and allowing fresh air into the van.

5. Any products which say they will reduce condensation may be used, i.e. bowls of salt.

When in use

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me on the helpline number 0117 3052939 or e-mail helpline@bailey-caravans.co.uk
Hi, I am due to pick up my van in May and I am having very serious second thoughts after reading this form!! I have an Avondale Dart 556-6 and have never had any condensation problems.

I will make contact with Bailey to find out there plan to stop this problem.

Mar 31, 2005
Visit site

Condensation

When in storage

When in use

i have just received an email from baileys saying they have a modification kit for the bottom bunks and to have it fitted you must contact your dealer and they can order and fit it under warrenty.

good luck to all bretagn owners

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts