BAILEY PAGEANT SERIES 5 AUVERGUE V FORD MONDEO DIESEL-HELP ME...

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi folks,i have a mondeo tdci 115 bhp 5 door saloon

i wish to buy a bailey pageant auvergue series 5 manufactured in 2004

here are the weights

car weight is 1505kg

bailey pageant auvergue is 1185kg emepty

bailey pageant auvergne mtplm is 1396kg

QUESTION-1-can my car tow it 2-does my car need to be emepty or can i put stuff in the boot as well

thank you all in advance for your responses

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
you will have no problem with this tug,I presently tow same car only 130 bhp,not much differnce in performance,personally I would have all heavy items over axle

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
Hi, Dave. Like Alan I've a Mondeo 2.0 TDCI 130. An excellent tug and very much underated. Your 115 version is only slightly less powerful and will pull the Bailey easily. Just watch the noseweight, be careful not to overload the 'van and keep the heavier items over the axle - all the usual advice we see time after time in the magazines.

I find that my estate version happily carries most of our gear, leaving very little to be carried in the 'van. Do remember to adjust the car's tyre pressures if it running heavy (details are in the handbook and inside your filler cap.) I put an extra 5 psi into the back tyres when towing loaded.

Martin

Nov 26, 2006
Visit site
Hi, Dave. Like Alan I've a Mondeo 2.0 TDCI 130. An excellent tug and very much underated. Your 115 version is only slightly less powerful and will pull the Bailey easily. Just watch the noseweight, be careful not to overload the 'van and keep the heavier items over the axle - all the usual advice we see time after time in the magazines.

I find that my estate version happily carries most of our gear, leaving very little to be carried in the 'van. Do remember to adjust the car's tyre pressures if it running heavy (details are in the handbook and inside your filler cap.) I put an extra 5 psi into the back tyres when towing loaded.

Martin
I tow with a Mondeo 1.8 petrol 04 reg with a Bailey Champagne on a 97% match and she pulls no problem, with stuff in boot and a couple of bikes on towbar rack, a very stable drive

TRENDING THREADS